Join for free
Page 27 of 30 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 10:47 PM

Re: "Two Years Working to Stop Us Leaving the EU".

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We would be their biggest single market ... ouch !
China imports 200 billion worth from the EU every year. You intend to better that? Than indeed you can have a better deal than presently on the table. Let TM put that bid on the table please.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Your logic doesn't follow Swim.

Japan is Not in the EU. But you say they have managed to establish a great deal with the EU.

India is NOT in the EU, yet you say they are also establishing a deal.

Why then are you so scared of us simply leaving the EU, properly and definitively with NO DEAL and then just like Japan and India, starting negotiations with the EU to establish a deal?

While ever we remain IN the EU or partly in with fudge versions or BrExit, our negotiating position is ZERO, zilch, nada. The EU will not budge for us while it maintains control of us. It has us on the leash.

Once we break free of that and actually get out, then their power is gone and we all negotiate from neutral ground.

I'm sorry but it needs to happen. NO DEAL is the only way it IS going to happen.

We need a new PM who has the courage to take us out.

May is just an EU stooge doing the bidding of the EU dictatorship. She is not working for this country or its people.
I agree, and why is everyone harping on about trade deals?

Yes, I understand the importance of trading, and I'm absolutely sure that we shall continue to trade, either under WTO rules and/or through trade agreements which we shall agree.

In my opinion, far more important that trade deals is our sovereignty.

Remainers seem blissfully oblivious to the consequences of our losing our sovereignty, yet this is creeping up on all EU member countries if not having already arrived.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 12:31 AM

Things will be a lot more expensive from the EU when we take our quotas with us.

You won't find that in the mainstream media....
Are we obliged to buy from the EU?

Are there no other countries which can supply what we need, many of a superior quality and cheaper cost?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
China imports 200 billion worth from the EU every year. You intend to better that? Than indeed you can have a better deal than presently on the table. Let TM put that bid on the table please.
Does China have a FTA ?

We are still the biggest single market... you swerved my point
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 10:28 AM

I'm sure there is a medical name for "fear of chlorinated chicken" ... maybe chicken_chloro_phobia ?

Hmm.. tastes better than selmonella
I can't see what the fuss is about. People drink chlorinated water yet worry about chlorinated chicken. absurd!

BTW import of chicken and chicken products from the UK does not meet biosecurity requirements so is not permitted into Australia.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I can't see what the fuss is about. People drink chlorinated water yet worry about chlorinated chicken. absurd!

BTW import of chicken and chicken products from the UK does not meet biosecurity requirements so is not permitted into Australia.
I couldn't agree more. Chlorinated chicken is safe to eat and there are millions of people around the world eating it without any issues.

On the other hand, remember how the UK has been treated by the 27 on imports of British Beef after the BSE crisis. It was only a couple of months ago that the French removed the ban allowing UK beef imports once again. We seem to forget that in the UK we ate UK beef for years after the crisis without any problems.

As far as the EU was concerned, even though there was no scientific evidence that there is a link between BSE and CJD, we still were told to incinerate our national herd under the instruction of our chums in the EU Council. It was perfectly OK to eat in the UK though ... but there again, it was a wonderful opportunity for the EU to give our share of the beef market to France and force the UK tax payer to pay the compensation to UK farmers.

Don't you just love the EU....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 11:54 AM

I am getting the feeling from reading reports from afar that there are only two possible outcomes now.

1) Britain crashes out of the EU with no deal and is the poor man of Europe for decades (as it was in the 50s when I was growing up there).

2) Britain stays in the EU.

At the moment I would say that on balance at this moment the second is slightly the more likely.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 11:58 AM

There is no crashing out we either leave with a deal or without. All this crashing out is just part of the scaremongering we have had to endure for years now.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-12-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There is no crashing out we either leave with a deal or without. All this crashing out is just part of the scaremongering we have had to endure for years now.
I agree, Julie.

Project Fear has become just ... "Project Fear" ... people listen, roll their eyes and jog on (well, I do anyway).

Crashing out is a term invented by remainers. The remain camp are desperate for Brexit to be a failure - they need it desperately so they can then say "look ... I told you so". Except it isn't going to happen - after 29 March they will be over inflating problems and issue mongering just to try to cope with the fact that they were wrong.

I wonder how many remainers will lie and say they voted leave in a few years...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 12:12 PM

I agree, Julie.

Project Fear has become just ... "Project Fear" ... people listen, roll their eyes and jog on (well, I do anyway).

Crashing out is a term invented by remainers. The remain camp are desperate for Brexit to be a failure - they need it desperately so they can then say "look ... I told you so". Except it isn't going to happen - after 29 March they will be over inflating problems and issue mongering just to try to cope with the fact that they were wrong.

I wonder how many remainers will lie and say they voted leave in a few years...
What worries me is how many will try to ensure it's a failure. How many are so determined to change our minds they will destroy the country to do that. I truly think we do have enemies within. Not all remainers but some are very determined to make sure we don't succeed.

Page 27 of 30 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top