Join for free
Page 29 of 30 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 10:17 PM

Re: "Two Years Working to Stop Us Leaving the EU".

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am getting the feeling from reading reports from afar that there are only two possible outcomes now.

1) Britain crashes out of the EU with no deal and is the poor man of Europe for decades (as it was in the 50s when I was growing up there).

2) Britain stays in the EU.

At the moment I would say that on balance at this moment the second is slightly the more likely.
Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There is no crashing out we either leave with a deal or without. All this crashing out is just part of the scaremongering we have had to endure for years now.
OK, if you prefer I will rephrase it:

I am getting the feeling from reading reports from afar that there are only two possible outcomes now.

1) Britain leaves the EU with no deal and is the poor man of Europe for decades (as it was in the 50s when I was growing up there).

At the moment I would say that, on balance at this moment, the second is slightly the more likely.

Is that better? Now you can address the real issue rather than the semantics.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 11:30 PM

1) Britain leaves the EU with no deal and is the poor man of Europe for decades (as it was in the 50s when I was growing up there).

Nope. That's a bunch of Remainer propaganda nonsense.

The possibilities are:

1. May's nonsense deal which should rightly get voted down

2. No Deal - the required outcome now and the only real way to leave

3. Some miraculous new deal that the EU agrees to with concessions etc - highy unlikely

Let us be very clear. There can be NO 2nd referendum of the issue of whether to Leave or Stay. We had that vote, and we voted Leave.

There is no possibility that there could be any new vote that includes a Remain option. That would signal the destruction of the democratic process and system and the repercussions would be immense and devastating for all concerned. Mass civil unrest, violence and property destruction on an unprecedented scale and so on.

It's just pathetic that Remainers and the uber biased BBC keep peddling this nonsense. It can not happen.

We have to Leave. The only question is how we Leave.

No Deal is really the only way to be able to force the EU to play ball and agree a deal that is good for the UK.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I am not a remainer nor are the news reports I read. I don't think anyone here cares whether Britain remains or leaves the EU but the impression is growing that some excuse will be found for the UK to remain in the EU if there is no deal.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 11:53 PM

The possibilities are:

3. Some miraculous new deal that the EU agrees to with concessions etc - highy unlikely

Let us be very clear. There can be NO 2nd referendum of the issue of whether to Leave or Stay. We had that vote, and we voted Leave.

There is no possibility that there could be any new vote that includes a Remain option. That would signal the destruction of the democratic process and system and the repercussions would be immense and devastating for all concerned. Mass civil unrest, violence and property destruction on an unprecedented scale and so on.

It's just pathetic that Remainers and the uber biased BBC keep peddling this nonsense. It can not happen.

We have to Leave. The only question is how we Leave.

No Deal is really the only way to be able to force the EU to play ball and agree a deal that is good for the UK.
You're getting on the right track:

1. The deal gets voted down, you cannot trust in words.
2. You cannot trust in your fellow politicians, so no one dares to lead to a no deal. The UK revokes article 50, and preparations start to leave the EU.
In two years time, coincidental the time of GE, a new article 50 is invoked (there is no limit on the number of times it can be invoked c.q. revoked). A new strong leader from party X will negotiate with the EU and make them tremble in their shoes.
Does that sound enticing?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You're getting on the right track:

1. The deal gets voted down, you cannot trust in words.
2. You cannot trust in your fellow politicians, so no one dares to lead to a no deal. The UK revokes article 50, and preparations start to leave the EU.
In two years time, coincidental the time of GE, a new article 50 is invoked (there is no limit on the number of times it can be invoked c.q. revoked). A new strong leader from party X will negotiate with the EU and make them tremble in their shoes.
Does that sound enticing?
You're repeating this pathetic nonsense on every thread. You appear utterly desperate.

We will NOT be revoking Article 50, we ARE Leaving.

We either leave with a good deal or we leave with No Deal.

EU belligerence suggests it will be No Deal

Fine by me

Means you won't be getting £40 billion from us. Your loss.

There are lots of great things we can do in our own country and for our own people with £40 billion !!!! Some of it could go into the NHS. Some on transport and other services.

Happy days !

We are Leaving Solasch. Get used to the idea because I strongly suspect the EU will be seeing much more exits going forward.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 12:30 AM

The possibilities are:

3. Some miraculous new deal that the EU agrees to with concessions etc - highly unlikely
That's how I feel too, with the additional consequence that (3) will inevitably follow (2)!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 12:32 AM

I am not a remainer nor are the news reports I read. I don't think anyone here cares whether Britain remains or leaves the EU but the impression is growing that some excuse will be found for the UK to remain in the EU if there is no deal.
I'm sure that's what our politicians will push for, but the consequence of that is an effective end to our democracy.

The government responsible can look forward to never being elected again.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm sure that's what our politicians will push for, but the consequence of that is an effective end to our democracy.

The government responsible can look forward to never being elected again.
A strategic draw back, and return to fight another day. Isn't that what you did after Duinkerke?
Why not revoke article 50. Get a team of strong men and women who prepare the UK for leaving. When you are ready, invoke article 50 (no limit to the times to invoke it). Negotiate with a few good men a deal truly worthy of the UK and leave the EU to its destiny.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:48 AM

You're repeating this pathetic nonsense on every thread. You appear utterly desperate.

We will NOT be revoking Article 50, we ARE Leaving.

We either leave with a good deal or we leave with No Deal.

EU belligerence suggests it will be No Deal

Fine by me

Means you won't be getting £40 billion from us. Your loss.

There are lots of great things we can do in our own country and for our own people with £40 billion !!!! Some of it could go into the NHS. Some on transport and other services.

Happy days !

We are Leaving Solasch. Get used to the idea because I strongly suspect the EU will be seeing much more exits going forward.
You are the one repeating pathetic nonsense ad nauseum.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

15-12-2018, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You are the one repeating pathetic nonsense ad nauseum.
Be fair, it wouldn't be Realist if it wasn't long winded, boring, repetitious and pontificated opinion as fact.

Even worse you are stuck with May for 12 more months.

Page 29 of 30 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top