Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 12:28 AM

Re: Defrosting the fridge/freezer

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I do mine in 5 minutes, I empty it, drag it outside, and blast the inside with a hose pipe, the ice just drops off.
Can you nip round to my house please Jimmy and do mine for me? Mine's a deep freezer, not an upright, and I have visions of me falling inside like I did in the supermarket that time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I do mine in 5 minutes, I empty it, drag it outside, and blast the inside with a hose pipe, the ice just drops off.
That sounds a bit drastic Jimmy not sure my dainty fridge freezer could survive that .

It doesn't take long to defrost with a bowl of very hot water placed on a shelf to create steam.
The biggest chore is making sure it is completelydry inside before being turned back on so it doesn't immediately frost up again.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 10:45 PM

I hated defrosting with hot water and hair dryers. I have no trouble now with a frost free one...yippee

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top