Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 06:35 PM

Talk pressure washers

I have 2 pressure washers a commercial one as below HDC601 (not the c version)

which I brought with me from the kennels, and a light weight one the K2 both by Karcher for "Er indoors" to use.

Yes I know it is dirty

A couple of things to be aware of if thinking about getting one

The hose from machine to handgun is far to short for most things ( about 3.5 mtres or= 11 and a 1/2ft) that goes for both machines.

Ok i suppose if you have a window box but useless for a car cleaning job, or anything else in my opinion.

So the K2 version either keeps falling over or you have to keep repositioning it which is a bind seeing you also have a power and garden hose connected as well

So I struggled to find the answer, ie a longer hose with the right connections at the ends

Yes I eventually found a company in Ireland that made a hose to different lengths, I ordered one at 10 metres ( just under 33 ft)

If I may if Azz permits post a link to their site and save the hassle of hunting around.

Link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-W...item82869fbe67

You do need to make sure you have the right connection ends which was a problem I came across

I placed a different order with them before and delivery times were excellent.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 07:01 PM

Re: Talk pressure washers

We bought a pressure washer for our drive, it's a long drive, but oh the messing around with the thing drives me mad. Will have a look at your link when I have some time to study it, thanks.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
We bought a pressure washer for our drive, it's a long drive, but oh the messing around with the thing drives me mad. Will have a look at your link when I have some time to study it, thanks.
Know how you feel, the advert channels on TV don't mention they are using longer hoses in their demos

Make sure the "C" clip if a karcher is black not yellow for that hose I posted or they might have longer hoses to fit different guns ,I didn't look as not interested
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 07:16 PM

Ok I have saved the page and on first impressions it does look like ours, but much longer, obviously. Not a bad price, too.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

28-01-2016, 04:24 PM

Just got the hose this afternoon. Looks good quality and fits both my Karcher 601 and my k2 pressure washers , also the same the gun end. Just tried it on the K2 machine and no leaks or anything, a real bargain for once

The special offer now ended and the price has gone up from £32.29 to £33.99
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

29-01-2016, 06:11 PM

Tried the long pressure washer hose on the big machine and again no leaks or anything so well pleased. I can now pressure was the cars without having to move anything except the hose. That makes life so much easier, I think most people would be willing to pay that much more if it came the 10mtr length instead of the stupid length supplied
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-02-2016, 10:34 AM

I have been digging a little deeper into claims for pressure washer PSI. Did you know, because I didn't, that the quoted pressure is pump pressure and not flow pressure.

If the pressure is claimed to be say for example 145psi on the Karcher K7 the actual flow pressure is more than likely to be around 120psi. Something manufactures do not tell you.

I did find one site that admitted the difference at least on a petrol pressure washer

link
https://barrowsandtrailers.co.uk/gb/...FYidGwodpGQBBQ

Bit of a difference between 3000psi and flow rate of 2700psi but as i said at least they have published it

The karcher K2 series flow rate is about 80 psi not the pump pressure of 110 psi

So why do they not quote flow rate pressure? I think this could depend strangely enough on the water input pressure- size and hose output length etc etc. Therefore not easy to give that quote, the only thing that is constant is pump pressure which is what they quote

I feel they should quote both pump pressure and an approx of flow pressure so buyers know what they are to expect.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 12:16 PM

Until a few years ago you didn't need one of these things because the mains pressure was sufficient for most jobs as it was over 1000Kpa

During the last drought the government decreed that you had to use a hose with a nozzle that had a control. This type of thing

The problem was the water pressure blew the hose and connectors apart when ever you tried to turn off the flow so they had to reduce the pressure dramatically and while it is still lot higher than I remember it in the UK it is now useless for cleaning so these pressure trolleys are getting good sales.

Gurni and Karcher are the most popular brands I think.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

04-02-2016, 06:27 PM

Well the karcher k5/7 dirt blaster lance came today so I tried it on my HDS601c commercial machine. Karcher say you can't, but they are wrong. What a difference this dirt blaster lance makes. So much more power than the K2 karcher machine and cleaned the drive in half the time. Just got to do the sanding the joints in when it gets warmer

Part of the drive but did do it all now cleaned before the new garage doors come tomorrow (friday)

Still drying out on some of the bricks

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top