Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 01:29 PM

What Lies Behind the Facade? Incredible!!

This house in Newport, Ore., looks just like any other on the block. You’d never suspect that inside is a totally different story. Take a look at this slideshow,its incredible!!

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/photos/...771007449.html
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 01:38 PM

Re: What Lies Behind the Facade? Incredible!!

Lovely to look at but I couldn't live in it, far too dark for me. The outside of the house is really awful, like a huge garden shed!
Still, you'd never imagine all that was behind those walls, the stained glass is wonderful.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 01:42 PM

What an awful depressing place....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 01:48 PM

Not my cup of tea but quite amazing.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 02:06 PM

Dumb idea. If you got that much money to send on the inside, it seems to me you should not worry about paying what its worth on the outside.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 02:43 PM

A lot of work must have gone into it but I would't want to live with the decor .
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 03:38 PM

I believe that the owner should moving to England - they are try too hard to replicate inside of a castle, and it do not matching the outside of the home, which is dated and should be update rather than the inside to be make like a castle. Of course, each owner have the right to decorating as they wish, but the expense they incur for those window and silks and woods will be better spend on the outside.... Just my own opinion - not worth much, but the outside should reflecting the inside of the home for the area where they living...and it is NOT in England... Resale value of that house is very limited to only those who have the exact same taste in styles.... Thanks for post this interest view point of a American home in Oregon, Aysa...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gianetta ->
I believe that the owner should moving to England - they are try too hard to replicate inside of a castle, and it do not matching the outside of the home, which is dated and should be update rather than the inside to be make like a castle. :
I agree Gia if they have the odd million or ten to buy a castle
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 05:00 PM

Hi Meg!

Ahhh..... well....how much was it cost to them for those window and silks? Probably close to enough to enjoy they very own castle in England. I watch all the time the Downton Abbey, and I think to myself - how BEAUTIFUL to live in such a grand estate as that....and then I think - how many rooms there are which must be heated? How much staff is require to keeping it all clean and in good repair? The castles in England are so extravagance and luxury - back from the Victoria Era I assuming? Still.... I will not torn it down if some one was to give to me the Downton Abbey...haha.... Such beauty and way of life it was back then for the very wealthy...oh my!.... The clothes - the furnishing and arts that hang on the walls! I envy those who was able to enjoy that life...to having cooks and cleaning help and service at they finger tips! Here - we has no castles or so much of history to putting on display, that is why one day I will like very much to visit to England to see some of the grandore. xo
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 06:03 PM

The facade isn't doing it for me, but inside i must be the only one that loves it, it's beautiful.... And yes they should have bought a castle or an old mansion house. I love the decor, ok they is a lot of wood in there and it could burn quickly if there was a fire.. But why from pages 43 - 47 would you change the decor back to mordern day? I don't get it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top