Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 06:31 PM

Re: What Lies Behind the Facade? Incredible!!

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
The facade isn't doing it for me, but inside i must be the only one that loves it, it's beautiful.... And yes they should have bought a castle or an old mansion house. I love the decor, ok they is a lot of wood in there and it could burn quickly if there was a fire.. But why from pages 43 - 47 would you change the decor back to mordern day? I don't get it?
I suppose for every day ablutions you need the modernity !! A television and computer are a must, also and would look out of place in the other setting. Or perhaps the owner doesn't really like living amongst it, either.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I suppose for every day ablutions you need the modernity !! A television and computer are a must, also and would look out of place in the other setting. Or perhaps the owner doesn't really like living amongst it, either.
I think they should open their house up to the public as it would be hard living two lives...
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 08:07 PM

Not for me either. Too dark and depressing.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 08:09 PM

I dont think I could live there myself but its certainly incredible what the owner has achieved ,mustve taken forever to decorate it like that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 09:36 PM

It looks like the pages of an Ikea brochure from the eighteenth century.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
What an awful depressing place....

I felt much the same Barry. I didn't like the feeling it gave me, I can't explain precisely, bit dark and claustrophobic, even slightly creepy. I can almost visualise Count Dracula appearing from behind a wall!
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 10:58 PM

I think you've put your finger on it. It feels more like an overcrowded film set, great to look at but you wouldn't want to live there.

Actually, scrub the great, I'm not sure what word would best describe it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 11:04 PM

I like bits of it, the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. It's no different than what the landed gentry live in here but, a shame they didn't make the outside Elizabethan looking .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 08:43 PM

I swear I saw Uncle Fester in the garden.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top