Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 09:54 AM

Storage Radiators

Does anyone here have these ?
We do and I'm not keen, you have to judge what temperature setting you want for the next day - then if its warmer weather than anticipated you can't turn the blooming things down
Wish there was an alternative ..............
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 09:57 AM

Re: Storage Radiators

Patsy i had them a few year ago and hated them useless absolutely useless they always seemed to stay on. Very ackward to adjust.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 10:03 AM

What kind of 'storage radiators' are you talking about Patsy .
There are oil filled ones which you can plug in and have on any time all the time .
Then there are night storage heaters which are usually connected to the power supply /heat up overnight (at cheap rate if you are on economy 7)/give heat out during the day but only for a limited amount of time if they are on high output.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What kind of 'storage radiators' are you talking about Patsy .
There are oil filled ones which you can plug in and have on any time all the time .
Then there are night storage heaters which are usually connected to the power supply /heat up overnight (at cheap rate if you are on economy 7)/give heat out during the day but only for a limited amount of time if they are on high output.
Your second option Meg - I would love something that you can turn down instantly, not wait hours for that to happen
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Your second option Meg - I would love something that you can turn down instantly, not wait hours for that to happen
Patsy, you can't turn down night storage heaters instantly, they will still remain hot.

For instant heat you need somthing like a fan heater or other plug in heater but they are expensive to run.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-02-2016, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Patsy, you can't turn down night storage heaters instantly, they will still remain hot.

For instant heat you need somthing like a fan heater or other plug in heater but they are expensive to run.
That's the big problem, you can't instantly control them
As you say fan heater, much too expensive
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 10:24 AM

We have night storage heaters and they are useless this flat is always cold.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-02-2016, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
We have night storage heaters and they are useless this flat is always cold.
Agree - for me either too cold or too bloomin hot
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 10:56 AM

I am surprised that some people are living in the dark ages when it comes to heating their homes.
NSH are an expensive to run anachronism from last century !
Gas central heating is by far the best solution, or if you don't have gas then look for an oil-fired alternative
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 11:00 AM

Malcolm, try telling that to my landlady, this is an all electric flat.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top