Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 09:38 PM

Re: Stuck in black and white

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't think you need much to brighten it up. A few vases of fresh flowers maybe? Daffodils in black vases would look good. Later on in the year - whatever is in season...
That's exactly why I was thinking yellow Carol, I love yellow tulips too and the strong green in them would work wouldn't it?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Just a couple of lime accessories or plum maybe?
I have a lovely enamel platter on the sideboard with hues of greys and citrus limes which is what made me think of lime...
Wasn't sure if I needed more grey ti make it work as a room...

I do love lime as an accent though it's got a warm punch about it...
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 06:00 PM

Well ??? Have you decided Rhian? I'm more of a Laura Ashley type but I think the monochrome look is trendy and if I was a bit younger I might be tempted!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 06:02 PM

Sorry Rhian but Im not a fan of black and white for decor ...I feel its far too stark and cold but we are all different arnt we ...and good thing too
Im more an eclectic vintage with bits of modern thrown in for comfort myself and the colours have to be warm and inviting
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

15-02-2016, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Sorry Rhian but Im not a fan of black and white for decor ...I feel its far too stark and cold but we are all different arnt we ...and good thing too
Im more an eclectic vintage with bits of modern thrown in for comfort myself and the colours have to be warm and inviting
I know what you mean Aysa but the wood in the room gives it loads of warmth so I was brave. I've softened it with lots of textures in the fabrics and kept the pattern to a minimum so it hasn't got that Parisien stiffness and formality to it.
And the sofas are big and soft and leather, the type that swallow you up!

I'm definitely veering towards the limes with a bit more greys thrown in
Then I can gave fresh flowers in any colour depending on my mood!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top