Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 12:03 PM

demolition day 1

was like this

At least we can now get to the last conservatory window. Next is a trip to the dump tomorrow
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 12:49 PM

Re: demolition day 1

Reminds me of a tv program called... This old House.. A few guys are called in to restore old houses. At the end it turns out to be a nightmare for some because there can be many unwanted surprises behind those old walls
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 12:55 PM

Are you just demolishing Realspeed or will you be re-building?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Reminds me of a tv program called... This old House.. A few guys are called in to restore old houses. At the end it turns out to be a nightmare for some because there can be many unwanted surprises behind those old walls
Yes, used to watch that, mainly based around the Boston area if I remember right, Norm Abram and Tom Silva were proper craftsmen, but they weren't cheap looking at some of the budgets they had to work with.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes, used to watch that, mainly based around the Boston area if I remember right, Norm Abram and Tom Silva were proper craftsmen, but they weren't cheap looking at some of the budgets they had to work with.
I saw in one episode where they turned a two story barn into a house. Came out great !

Quite true what you say.. these renovation projects were never cheap. The owners of these old houses had money
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 01:37 PM

Realspeed are you taking the whole structure down? or just the part youve already taken off?
What did you use the side shelf for?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 02:59 PM

The whole lot I will take down. this is an eyesaw in anyones language. The previous owner used it as a log store. The overhang now gone there was a water butt on it and a feed from a gutter downpipe now put on other side of conservatory.

Why Bother? because the conservatory is being replaced from the dwarf wall up and UPVC instead of wood that is rotting being fitted in about 6 weeks.

Aysa

This place was not maintained by the previous owner in any shape or form. It was left to them by the old lady who originally owned it who left it to them, they didn't give a damn about looking after it.

What kind of idiot builds right across a window? well he/they did.

You have heard of people being a plank? well this guy was the whole tree

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top