Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:48 PM

Re: Bottles and tins

I find if bottles or jars are hard to open, I just put on a rubber glove and they open with ease.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 10:07 PM

That doesn't help much if your hands are painful Apricot, especially if you have to push bits in and turn at the same time.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 10:59 AM

TessA - I'm surprised you haven't got the plastic containers that lock, therefore air tight. I can manage those and I'm addicted to the things, can't stop buying them. Put your unused food bits in them - problem solved
Great for cheese storage
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 03:37 PM

Yes I have them too Patsy but, I tend to forget what I've put in them and it goes off before I fancy eating the rest. (tum's still playing up a bit)
I have one of those cheese graters that turn which is much easier than using an ordinary one.
Luckily my HA have changed may taps for those lever ones, they're great!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't have anyone to help Losos, unfortunately, until I find a bearded gentleman with muscles.
Sorry to read that TessA unfortunately I don't have a beard or much in the way of muscles but I do have a good strong vice in my workshop and that's what I use to hold the top.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes I have them too Patsy but, I tend to forget what I've put in them and it goes off before I fancy eating the rest. (tum's still playing up a bit)
I have one of those cheese graters that turn which is much easier than using an ordinary one.
Luckily my HA have changed may taps for those lever ones, they're great!
Same here - regards taps
I think you need a reminder TessA - I've got one of those too - can't rely on Fabs there
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

14-03-2016, 06:38 PM

Just need someone, I think Patsy!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 11:49 AM

Husbands were made for those sorts of jobs, you should get yerself one Tessa. After raising kids and retiring from work it's all they are good for anyway. You could keep one under the sink and just use him 'as and when' like my O/H does.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top