Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 05:46 PM

Karcher window washer

Window cleaning is one of my most dreaded jobs. I'm looking for something to make it easier.

I was thinking of getting a Karcher but first of all would like to know if anybody on here has got one and are they any good.

Alternatively - How do you clean your windows?
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 05:56 PM

Re: Karcher window washer

I have a Karcher 1200 psi pressure washer and use it for windows, siding, cleaning the driveway, washing the car....once you get one you will love it.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 06:29 PM

Window cleaner once a month for the outside

Inside I use a damp microfibre cloth, leaves them smear free

For dirty windows I use a soapy wash then polish up with newspaper and vinegar water
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 06:31 PM

Hi Carol I would have liked a Karcher window cleaner and they had lots of good reviews on Amazon .

My son bought one for his new house and was less than impressed and said don't waste your money .

I use hot water, vinegar and a proper chamois leather which gives sparkling smear free windows.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 06:37 PM

Sue has one and likes it
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 07:06 PM

I don't have one I use a bucket and squeegee (like old fashioned window cleaners do).

I do know someone who has one and he says they're not so good for upstairs outside (if you're attempting that yourself) as it's too big and bulky, unless you're using a ladder. Downstairs outside it's fine, and also indoors.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 07:13 PM

We have two, I replaced my original one just because it looked a bit tatty and thought I might use it on the car, but we changed cars and had the bathroom done, and it doesn’t work as well on our curved shower glass, it’s mainly used for cleaning the condensation from our windows, I found the karcher ok , it does spit back a bit if the tank gets too full, but just empty it more often, there are other makes a bit cheaper, have a look on tinternet ..
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 07:46 AM

Mine sits in its box in the garage, only used twice and dead slow. Back to a spray bottle with water and drop of Meths, cloth and blade.

There are cheaper versions which suck and scrape.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Window cleaning is one of my most dreaded jobs. I'm looking for something to make it easier.

I was thinking of getting a Karcher but first of all would like to know if anybody on here has got one and are they any good.

Alternatively - How do you clean your windows?
Just borrowed my son's Karcher K3 (1880psi) to strip the paint off my house. That is a bit of a clue - absolutely overkill for window cleaning and if you are not very careful it will strip off the paint paint.

I used it yesterday to get all the grease off my BBQ; did a brilliant job but cleaning windows? Nah!

As for how I clean windows? I don't, I have lived here 37 years and never felt the need to clean the windows, I can still see out - that is why god provided rain.

When I had a shop the best thing to clean the windows was meths and screwed up newspaper.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 12:13 PM

I bought a Karcher window cleaner a year or two ago and I am still not sure about it, it can be fiddly on smaller windows and I always seem to miss bits which means doing the whole window again, it is however very good on the conservatory windows which are larger so more straight forward. I don’t use it at all for the upstairs windows as the outsides are just to awkward to do with the karcher.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top