Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 10:08 AM

Small vacuum cleaner?

I'm thinking of getting a small rechargeable vacuum cleaner for the car, and odd corners around the house

Any recommendations?

Or anything to avoid?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 05:56 PM

Re: Small vacuum cleaner?

Yep, don't bother. Just use a proper mains vacuum cleaner. So obviously not an upright. Go for for a Henry or Hetty.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 06:19 PM

Avoid the Vax - it's junk. 10-12 hours to charge and never lasts the 15 mins run time, more like 5.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5323603

Got this instead & binned the Vax.

https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/...ter-10.8W-7.2V
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 04:33 PM

Dyson V7 Trigger

https://www.dyson.co.uk/handhelds/dy...FVFj0wodJIgFqA

We have an older version of this, but the V7 seems to be the only hand-held model they do now.

Still, for not a great deal more you could buy a V6 or V8 which includes a long wand, so you can have a small hand-held and a conventional cordless model for around the house all in one.
redhatmamma
New Member!
Canada
redhatmamma is female 

13-05-2018, 10:08 PM

If I were in the market for a new vacuum cleaner I'd go for the new Dyson cordless
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep, don't bother. Just use a proper mains vacuum cleaner. So obviously not an upright. Go for for a Henry or Hetty.

I already have a Henry for inside my first floor flat

But the cable won't reach to my car on the communal car park.
Whilst I don't need the car to be in concourse condition, the inside is starting to look decidedly grubby, with grit, dried grass & general muck on the carpets

Plus sometimes there are small areas of dust inside the flat and I can't be bothered to use the mains cleaner

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top