Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:15 AM

A new kettle please?

Can anyone recommend a decent electric kettle please?

I've had a couple of all plastic ones, but they eventually leak

I'm now on my second stainless steel model. The main body of the kettle doesn't leak, but the black plastic lid starts to break up and shed particles into the water

I suppose I could just get a cheap all plastic one, and treat it as disposable, but that doesn't seem quite right
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:26 AM

Re: A new kettle please?

I have this one had it about 4yrs now - still going strong, boils fast, looks good, doesn't leak - and I make about about 20 cups of tea per day.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb...pyramid-kettle
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:27 AM

I can't really recommend a certain model but what I can say is don't be fooled into thinking that an expensive one is a good one. We have a Dualit at the moment (not cheap) the idea being that it will last forever, like our toaster which we have had 25 years; but despite the cost, it sometimes sounds like a tsunami, other times, it is silent. Have tried other expensive makes but with no success.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:31 AM

I would agree with that LD, just buy one that does the job not an all singing and dancing one...the more features these things have the more things to go wrong
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I would agree with that LD, just buy one that does the job not an all singing and dancing one...the more features these things have the more things to go wrong
Yes and the after sales service is usually quite bad.

Morning Summer.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 12:55 PM

I have a One-Cup type kettle whereby you put your mug under a spout with the teabag in it and press the button on the top. It boils exactly one mug's worth of water and then dispenses it into your mug. No wasted electricity heating water you don't need, and fresh water every time.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 01:00 PM

I last got a new one about four years ago it's a white and silver grey jug style I bought from Asda. It was around the twelve pound mark and I've never had any bother with it. Expensive is not always the best I've found..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I have a One-Cup type kettle whereby you put your mug under a spout with the teabag in it and press the button on the top. It boils exactly one mug's worth of water and then dispenses it into your mug. No wasted electricity heating water you don't need, and fresh water every time.

You can't go wrong with Breville a true blue Aussie company.

Though teabags and made in a cup make me cringe
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 02:16 PM

Mugs but no good for cups. Water all over the place.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 02:38 PM

I have this Russell Hobbes Cambridge model which replaced another Russell Hobbes that worked for ages...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top