Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 07:40 PM

Re: A sign of common sense at last?

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Police Chief Sara Thornton has come out and said that police activities should be concentrating on actual crime catching thieves and investigating crimes of violence and not incidences where no crime has been committed, these include logging such things as gender-based `hate crimes'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46053069

It's about time that someone spoke about what police priorities should be.

Any thoughts?
I saw that and I have to agree completely. The police are far too stretched as it is without this petty stuff. Everything is a ruddy hate crime these days, we'll be getting locked up for giving someone a dog look in the future!

The police need to concentrate much more on the 'real' crimes.

Just another example of this snowflake society. Offended? Get the hell over it and move on. Everyone is offended these days.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:26 PM

I'm not so sure they are recruiting the right people these days. There was a police woman (am I allowed to say that) on TV complaining that every day she faces the threat of violence. Really! I'm not condoning violence but surely that's why she is in the job, to stop and protect the public from violent types. Perhaps she just wants to attend the easy incidents such as wolf whistling and old ladies dropping dog ends.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Police Chief Sara Thornton has come out and said that police activities should be concentrating on actual crime catching thieves and investigating crimes of violence and not incidences where no crime has been committed, these include logging such things as gender-based `hate crimes'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46053069

It's about time that someone spoke about what police priorities should be.

Any thoughts?
From 2004 till 2011 the Police chief in Rotherham was more concerned about the speeding drivers on the road than 11 year old girls being raped by the Muslim flith

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top