Join for free
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 02:03 PM

Re: Are we heading for a fresh referendum???

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Of course it does. We will be tied to the EU forever more without even a say in anything they decide for us (UK).
The penny has dropped!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 02:04 PM

Just like Cameron did you mean? Throw us a sprat to keep us quiet while it remains business as usual.
Like Thatcher did. Cameron made no effort to engage. You could tell by the body language at Summits etc. Thatcher built relationships and put herself at the centre of the group. You do need certain qualities to lead a country effectively.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Like Thatcher did. Cameron made no effort to engage. You could tell by the body language at Summits etc. Thatcher built relationships and put herself at the centre of the group. You do need certain qualities to lead a country effectively.
Unfortunately Thatcher didn't have those qualities.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 02:17 PM

Yes she's did Purwell .
And I am a life long Labour supporter ( no more I might add )
She was a terrible woman because she did what she said she would do.
That is what leaders do .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

That's us stuffed then. No strong candidates on either side of the political divide - come back Nigel, all is forgiven.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 03:24 PM

That's us stuffed then. No strong candidates on either side of the political divide - come back Nigel, all is forgiven.
My admiration started, when I saw Nigel Farage make a speech to the European Parliament. So rarely rude, you rarely see it, a political hooligan. At one point he said to his audience: "Yes, now you are still smiling, but later on you will not laugh anymore."

Would Farage know that Hitler literally said the same about the Jews?

Probably not. Or maybe he does. Recently I saw Farage at Jensen on the bench in The Battle of the Bigheads. Jensen did his best, but Farage still managed to win. With such a guy as Farage, no decent person can sit in a parliament.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 04:33 PM

If there is another the choice is the same. The supremacy of parliament. Restoration of full self government or continuation of supranational union ruled by those we can never remove.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Unfortunately Thatcher didn't have those qualities.
She did but she used them to put into place policies & decisions that we are still paying for now. Nobody can say she didn't know how to work a room and get her way. I'm not a Tory fan but she was a true leader.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-11-2018, 07:45 PM

I liked David Miliband. Such a pity Ed won that contest.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

17-11-2018, 08:15 PM

I wouldn't piss on that evil little man if he was on fire.

Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top