Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 05:31 AM

Trapped nerve in my back.

Day 4 with a trapped nerve in my back near my spine at the top.
I already have spondylosis so on top of that I now have continuous pain hardly any sleep cannot sit comfortably.

Pain got so bad yesterday went to Basildon hospital 6am sat for a few hours waiting to see a doctor his diagnosis without a x.ray was trapped nerve gave me 2 diazepam's and a letter for my gp who I see today at 11am.

She will then hopefully refer me to a physiotherapist which I am dreading may take weeks.
May even send me back to Basildon hospital for a x.ray just to make sure its a trapped nerve and not my spine.

Pain killers are crap,heat pads are even worse sprays and biofreeze forget about it they do not work. I love our NHS.."NOT".
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 08:27 AM

Re: Trapped nerve in my back.

Sorry you are having such a painful time, Longfellow, and hope they sort it for you soon. Have you thought of seeing an osteopath?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 09:48 AM

Sorry you are suffering with back pain Longfellow, I too am a back pain sufferer so can imagine what you are going through. My pain is managed with the strongest dose of co-codomols which, although it doesn’t help much during the day, it does at least enable me to sleep at night. I also found the biofreeze sprays a waste of money.

I hope your doctor can help you.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 09:57 AM

I hope they can sort that out soon Longsocks, it must be getting you down.
I understand that some pain relief does nothing. Thoughts and prayers that is sorted ASAP. X
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 10:00 AM

Sounds terrible....we take our health for granted don't we until something like this happens....I hope you get sorted quickly x
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 10:19 AM

Im really sorry to hear youre sufferri ng so much back pain Longfellows....Mine is a much diffirering case being secondary cancers in my lower lumbar discs causing my pain ...
Id certainly be wanting to try morphine for serious pain relief and dont stop asking for what you need in way of relief for your pain...its utterrly demoralising being in severe pain however you try to wrap it up and think all will be well...
It soulnds as if your pain is uncontrolled and severe...never good and something you shouldnt have to be coping with...
Thoughts are with you for some relief.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 10:49 AM

Sorry to hear that Lfellow. Day four - you must be sick of it by now and it's worse when you can't sleep. Physio will probably solve it but lets hope you don't have to wait too long.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 11:03 AM

That sounds very painful LD I hope you get relief soon.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That sounds very painful LD I hope you get relief soon.
Yes I hope you do as well LD..

Quick update been to my gp she as prescribed me co-codamol 500mg to take alongside my naproxen she says that should do the trick and some sleepers zopiclone.
I am hoping for a nice peaceful rest today just took them so I should be away with the fairy's soon.

Oh and she as referred me to a physiotherapist and gave me a good connection for a Chinese massage parlour in Basildon red light district..

So should be jiving on the dance floor by the weekend again.

Thank you for all your kind words.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 02:15 PM

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain Longfellow. All you can do is keep taking the painkillers & sleep when you can... but i hope you can see the Physio therapist soon.

When you do, remember that Physio is something you need to do often & the effects are not usually fast.... but well worth it in the end.

Hope you feel better soon.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top