Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 02:06 PM

Re: Trump tries to buy vaccines for US only

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
That would be Germany then if Trump is paying a german company to develop a vaccine!
If the USA is footing the bill then it's the property of the USA. What I read was that the POTUS was wanting German and other scientists to relocate to the USA and work with American laboratories.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 09:41 PM

Of course the President is trying to buy/develop a vaccine for Americans. He is looking after American citizens. That's his job.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 09:46 PM

I'd have thought a vaccine was something like a mathematical equation, and could be produced anywhere.

Is trump paying for the information to be kept secret outside POTUSdom?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
of course the president is trying to buy/develop a vaccine for americans. He is looking after american citizens. That's his job.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 09:59 PM

Of course the President is trying to buy/develop a vaccine for Americans. He is looking after American citizens. That's his job.
yeah I agree, hopefully our prime minister will look after his people too.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:55 PM

It's in the US's financial interest to resolve the situation internally and externally. If they have the cash/ability to do so quickly, then we'll all benefit.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'd have thought a vaccine was something like a mathematical equation, and could be produced anywhere.

Is trump paying for the information to be kept secret outside POTUSdom?
Simple online etiquette prevents me from saying what I truly feel about that absurd post.

Apropos of nothing in particular, there is help available for those who suffer from unreasoning paranoia.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 05:13 AM

Simple online etiquette prevents me from saying what I truly feel about that absurd post.

Apropos of nothing in particular, there is help available for those who suffer from unreasoning paranoia.
Hi

Seeing as you do not live in the USA, you would not get it
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 05:31 AM

I despair of humanity.It's times like this we should all work together to defeat a common foe.As usual vainglorious self interest takes precedence,Trump is the epitome of this of course.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 06:09 AM

Hi

If a vaccine is produced, it can be replicated anywhere

It should be made free to all and sundry, it should not be restricted to production in the USA only.

That is a disgusting comment by Trump and he should be punished for it.

The company which first produces it should be handsomely rewarded by all Governments, but production should not be restricted.

Trump is very quick to put sanctions on others, America First.

He has put sanctions on UK Goods, a weird lot, to protect Boeing.

Time for a dose of his own medicine, no pun intended.

We all refuse to buy USA Oil and gas, we can get it cheaper anyway and we put huge Taxes on American Products, we do not need Boeing or Apple and a 50% tax on Google and Facebook and Amazon digital sales would soon concentrate his mind.

I do not do do bullies, so he can swan off.

Once he has gone, we can get back to normal.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top