Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 02:24 PM

Re: Forever Family :- check this out.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Setting letter bombs to people, causing arson, vandalism and breaking and entering destroying stock, mass-poisoning food for human consumption is not anarchic and radica, violent and destructive? All part of the history of animal rights. Of course it's not splashed over the papers when it happens because it's a cuddly cause.
No. They are disgusting antics of a bunch of silly one-issue snowflake SOB's
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Animal rights activists released Mink into the environment back in the seventies and they destroyed a lot of the indigenous species and took over. They are still a massive problem in the countryside.

Problems caused by mink
As an introduced predator, mink have had an adverse impact on the native biodiversity of the Western Isles and in other parts of Scotland. Their continued presence poses a particular threat to the many internationally important resident and migrant populations of ground-nesting birds. The Hebridean Mink Project aims to eradicate mink from the Western Isles to protect these populations whilst the Scottish Invasive Species Initiative is undertaking mink control across a large part of the north of Scotland.

Mink predation on eggs and chicks at seabird colonies on the west coast and the Western Isles has resulted in widespread breeding failures and a decline in breeding bird numbers. Mink may also account for a large proportion of salmonid mortality in some river systems.

Mink also affect economic activities such as:

• fish farming
• crofting
• sports angling
• game shooting
• tourism

Report a sighting
You should immediately report any mink sightings in the Western Isles to the Hebridean Mink Project.

Iain MacLeod, Hebridean Mink Project Officer
Telephone: 01851 705258
Isnt that something that happened years ago ?
Not much that can be done about it now .
The mink is out there .
But the initial wrong was with farming them in the first place .
I don’t think they do it anymore .
No one worth their salt wears mink coats today anyway .
Couldn’t care less about game shooting .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Certainly. Thoughts along the lines of what a bunch of snowflake tossers unless PETA is the acronym for People Enjoying Tasty Animals.
Their hard hitting publicity campaigns, such as the woman in heels dragging a fur coat with a trail of blood, have pretty much killed the fur industry in the UK. They highlight cruel sports of hunters of endangered species and the craze for rhino horns and elephant tusks. So they do effect change far more than a BLM type protest in South London. I'm sure people do still wear mink stoles but I've not seen them for decades.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 02:39 PM

Mink stoles were the ugliest thing anyway .
Reminds one of the Queen Mother.
Minks are vicious predators but it’s not their fault they were imported into this country .
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 03:39 PM

I have often felt guilty about having a dog. Not because I read PETA but I remember a disapproving look from a vegan friend when she heard / met him as a puppy. It made me think about the situation differently. Dogs are technically like our slaves. They have no freedom and learn to love their owners because we give them everything in a gilded cage. They are bred into contorted shapes that make them suffer and kept on a leash or put in cages. The puppy breeding industry has some terrible cruelties. It's such a conceited relationship (on our part).

I'm not a big fan of PETA but they do provoke thought.
I think a lie down in a dark room might be helpful, being anti everything must be really tiring.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Mink stoles were the ugliest thing anyway .
Reminds one of the Queen Mother.
Minks are vicious predators but it’s not their fault they were imported into this country .
A lot were released by activists’ some years ago which have bred in the wild along the River Dee and wiped out the Vole population and destroying ground nesting birds
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I think a lie down in a dark room might be helpful, being anti everything must be really tiring.
I'm not anti anything. Just have a lot of vegan or veggie friends and on the one hand we see dogs as man's best friend on the other they are treated with extreme cruelty by some and bred into pretzels by others. Just an observation that there is a contradiction there of who we think we are and who we really are.

Same with this protest. Double standards apply where we think one thing is ok another is someone else's fault... You could of course say that based on our perceived set of values it's ok to be cruel to animals or cruel to people, if they are not the right sort. People are easily persuaded if your argument is reasonable enough!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-08-2020, 07:01 PM

A lot were released by activists’ some years ago which have bred in the wild along the River Dee and wiped out the Vole population and destroying ground nesting birds
Like Rhododendrons they should never have been here! Whoever was breeding them here is responsible because it was always a risk just like the lab in Wuhan.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

08-08-2020, 07:07 PM

I'm not anti anything. Just have a lot of vegan or veggie friends and on the one hand we see dogs as man's best friend on the other they are treated with extreme cruelty by some and bred into pretzels by others. Just an observation that there is a contradiction there of who we think we are and who we really are.

Same with this protest. Double standards apply where we think one thing is ok another is someone else's fault... You could of course say that based on our perceived set of values it's ok to be cruel to animals or cruel to people, if they are not the right sort. People are easily persuaded if your argument is reasonable enough!
What?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-08-2020, 07:10 PM

What?
You think you're ok and the problems are with other people.

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top