Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 02:17 PM

Re: Swearing / foul language

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What? 'Clot'?

I have never really thought of that as being particularly offensive.
Oh shurrup ya Clot!

Now see what you've done, you've made me use the C word

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Oh shurrup ya Clot!

Disgusting, and certainly not ladylike.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The C word is still considered offensive and use of it will get you done.

You can tell a Police Officer to F*** Off 3 times before it is a Public Order Offence.

Calling a Female Police Officer the C word will not only result in you getting charged, but will result in pain.

Calling a Female Enforcement Officer, who has no powers of arrest will result in them spending hours to find every single offence you can be charged with and making sure that it happens.

They really seriously object to that, and with good reason.

The Sisterhood is well organised, you will find yourself up against a female prosecutor, and depending on the severity of the offence, female magistrates or a female judge.

Either way, you will not enjoy the experience
Rightly so.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed. None of the old-time comedians: Les Dawson, Tommy Cooper, Morecambe and Wise, Charlie Williams, etc, etc, needed to use bad language.

Of course, I may be forgetting about Bernard Manning & Co.
Revolting unfunny person - instantly forgettable!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 04:19 PM

Oh shurrup ya Clot!

So funny
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Revolting unfunny person - instantly forgettable!

I rather liked him for his indifference towards racist seeking snowflakes but humour that appealed to grass roots folk.

Same with "nick nick" Jim Davidson and his mate Chalkie. The crap in the carburettor joke will live with me, my son, and hopefully my g/son for ever!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 04:35 PM

Oh shurrup ya Clot!

Wot, Corbyn? Easy thing to do. They both resemble earth other with one exception - Corbyn in no use for anything.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 05:04 PM

Swearing in Italian sounds romantic if you do not know the meaning of the words
They treat sex with much amusement, and men insult each other about genitalia, especially when quarreling.

You have to laugh!!

Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 05:25 PM

There is not need for swearing, even if you think the situation calls for it.In my opinion, anyone that uses swears words as part of their everyday language are uneducated because they do not know how to use the correct words so they use a swear word instead.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 05:31 PM

Susan, you are certainly none of those! I have winced many a time when I have heard words coming out of the mouths of youngsters, that if I had said when their age, would have had me banished from leaving the house for a month, after first having a bar of soap rammed into my mouth (only kidding with the latter).

I don't care what anyone says, we have each and every one of us said swear words, whether out loud, under our breath or silently. Even when disgusted hearing someone else say the swearword would still mean our brain taking the word in, so we have still said it!

I battled many a time growing up with six brothers, it was impossible to match them in any argument as they loved to include many expletives to get their point across. but I always refrained because of their (hypocritical)very low opinion of any girl that used swearwords.

Still, that was then and times change. I am as good as the next person when it comes to swearing if I hurt myself, or put the odd rather naughty B....r into a post, but I always have 20p ready for the swearbox, and the money always goes to my favourite charity, so I guess the good Lord will sort of forgive my occasional indiscretion when I do cuss.
Never in front of family, children or strangers though!

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top