Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 06:00 AM

Re: bath or shower?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It is impossible to clean your arsehole (properly) in a shower.
You're supposed to clean your arsehole in the toilet not the shower, didn't your parents toilet train you?

Get a bidet shower fitted next to the toilet, much more hygienic than toilet paper - the idea of smearing shit over your bottom with paper is an unpleasant concept but removing it in the bath water that you are lying in is positively disgusting.

You can buy the fittings on Amazon or from Bunnings cheap enough, easy to connect to the inlet of your toilet.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 08:36 AM

If you have a bath everyday, the water is clean enough to drink, albeit a tad soapy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 08:49 AM

Anyway Bruce, sounds like you've got a "Lav-ish" Dunny.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 09:38 AM

Both.

Shower during the week but I do love a bath on a Saturday evening, gives me a chance to scrub me feet without slipping over.

It also helps ease the arthritis in my hips and back.

I did consider having the bath removed and a big shower fitted a while back but I'd miss the bath so will keep it for as long as I'm capable of getting in it.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 09:52 AM

I used to love wallowing in a bath but sadly time has taken it's toll and I was unable to 'get my leg' over and climb into it (Unable to get my leg over at all now) I now have a walk in shower only.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:04 AM

Removing the bath/baths or fitting a wet room devalues your house.
It is less desirable to families who want a bath, to bath their children.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:09 AM

I can't function without my daily shower but I like a bath too to laze in especially if I'm not feeling well.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
The concept of lying in a pool of water which holds my faecal matter to such a limited dilution abhors me. Add in the cost of heating such a volume of water (circa 4-5 x that of a shower in terms of fuel usage and water wastage). It is a disgrace.

If you want a long soak, go to a public swimming pool or, heaven forbid the sea or a river.
What rubbish!
I don’t get into a bath with a soiled bottom, that’s disgusting! I probably only use the same amount of water that you use in a shower, l don’t like deep baths.
Some ‘showerers’ let the water run first, for ages and stand under it for ages too.
The very thought of going into a public pool abhors me. There is multi people faecal matter in the pool water and gallons of other people’s urine in the water.
Just add the saliva, snot, spit, phlegm, dead body cells, body oils from multi people.
No Thanks, l’ll stick to my bath. At least, l won’t get virus’s or ear infections from my own bath water!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Removing the bath/baths or fitting a wet room devalues your house.
It is less desirable to families who want a bath, to bath their children.
Not so much in our case art..ours is a ( small) bungalow which ,if we decide to sell, would be aimed at the older person, houses in our area usually sell quickly as there’s a mixture of property
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

22-12-2019, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Not so much in our case art..ours is a ( small) bungalow which ,if we decide to sell, would be aimed at the older person, houses in our area usually sell quickly as there’s a mixture of property
Primus, In that case, your’s willl be ok!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top