Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:26 PM

Re: Lord Baden-Powell Statue now a target

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not in this case. It's a historical fact.

Although I have no liking for the Nazi party of their supporters and with VERY good reason history is indeed recorded by the victors.

But both my now wife and I had family in Germany and Russia and those who survived taught us of life and death from the "other side"

It got both of us in a shed load of trouble at our schools as one might expect!
Hysterical fact more like. Britain did not start a world war. You like to defend Germany and Russia too much to be unbiased.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I seem to remember Dad saying there were rumours about the Duke of Windsor being a nazii fan. Makes you wonder what would have happened had he stayed King??

I could be wrong but I think that Philip's sisters married Nazi party members ... or maybe even SS.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Your perverted twist on it is not up my street. Germany started WWII. Britain did not. But start another thread if you want this debate. Because your views are off the rails of this one.
Sorry old girl, best check on history. Britain and then France declared war on Germany. FACT.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Never thought I'd ever see a Jew sticking up for Hitler... or if not positively endorsing him in glowing terms , ameliorating his crimes.
Ah but perhaps he's not really Jewish.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:29 PM

So Todge, you believe Britain and France should not have declared war... should have left Hitler to expand as he wanted too.

Including continuing his ethnic cleansing unhindered?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Sorry old girl, best check on history. Britain and then France declared war on Germany. FACT.
I see you have resorted to repeating yourself rather than any ability to explain your view. You do this a lot when you don't have a valid point.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

So Todge, you believe Britain and France should not have declared war... should have left Hitler to expand as he wanted too.

Given recent posts that would not surprise me.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

11-06-2020, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ah but perhaps he's not really Jewish.
I'm wondering that. Some of the things he comes out with, aside from his Yiddish tongue twisters .. seems odd.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:31 PM

I could be wrong but I think that Philips sisters married Nazi party members ... or maybe even SS.
You're not wrong. All three of them were.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

11-06-2020, 09:51 PM

Now I didn't say or imply that I believed that Britain shouldn't have declared war, just that Britain DID.

Nor that the Nazis should have been allowed to go into other countries because of their demand for Lebensraum or even to reclaim territory taken under the shameful Treaty of Versailles.

As for ethnic cleansing, because it resulted in industrialised murder that was so far beyond the pail as to be indescribably totally wrong.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top