Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 08:03 PM

Eating Out ..... Earliest Memories

A recent post by Primus re his lockdown birthday meal reminded me of my first experience of eating out.

I was eighteen (some 52 years ago) and was persuaded by my friends to go into a Chinese restaurant. Nervously scanning the menu, I decided that I liked chicken and I liked pineapple and rice ( albeit as a pudding), hence my choice. I felt so sophisticated then. Nostagically I still make it very occasionally.

What are your memories?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 08:18 PM

Re: Eating Out ..... Earliest Memories

Prawn Cocktail, Chicken in the Basket.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Prawn Cocktail, Chicken in the Basket.
Yes, followed by Black Forest gateaux, if you had room - courtesy of Berni Inn!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland

18-06-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Yes, followed by Black Forest gateaux, if you had room - courtesy of Berni Inn!
Oops, forgot the Mateus Rose!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Oops, forgot the Mateus Rose!

Babycham
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland

18-06-2020, 08:55 PM

Babycham
You must have been posher than me!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 10:05 PM

Babycham
Yuk!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 10:46 PM

Growing up, as a child, I am quite positive that the family never once ate out.
I do recall, however, that I took my money I earned as a 'paper boy' and went to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. after spending a few hours with the exhibits, I went to a nearby soda fountain and bought two hot dogs. As a 12 yr old , I never tasted anything so delicious. They had a special way of preparing the hot dogs, and I can still recall the taste. Yummy
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 12:25 AM

A Chinese restaurant in Settle (North Yorkshire) when I and my siblings were kids. Having stopped at Ye Olde Naked Man (Settle) on the way to the Lake District, we stopped here on the way back. Obviously, having never heard of Chinese cuisine in those days, I opted for a steak and kidney pudding with chips and gravy from the English menu. It was a Holland's steak and kidney pud and I've been addicted to them ever since. I can still remember the smell of the chips to this day.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 02:15 AM

First eat out memory for me is way back when I was about 5 years old. It was a meal with my parents and older siblings in Sydney's Chinatown. The chicken and rice is all I can remember. I liked it. Especially playing with the chopsticks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top