Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 01:07 PM

Re: Travellers

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...tlefield-site/

They have been moving round town for a couple of weeks.
It's what they do. They 'travel'.

They take what they can from any given area, then leave their rubbish dump and open toilets for a better place.

Of one thing I am certain: it's not going to change!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 04:46 PM

I keep thinking about this issue. and though don't have this as an overwhelming problem here, we do have a horrendous growing problem of homeless people who are living in tents and setting up tent cities in places like Los Angeles. They ruin businesses by blocking entry or making it too unpleasant or threatening for customers to enter. Is it better to keep problematic people moving or rounded up in refugee-type camps? I have no idea...

However...

Here, convicted drug dealers here can have their vehicles permanently confiscated if they are used for the drug trade. Seems to me that if these thugs are using their vehicles to steal animals, they could be confiscated and given to animal welfare organizations. It's a lot tougher to steal a dog (or property) running down the street with it in your arms. The loss of caravans and cars might be enough to stop some of that unconscionable behavior, if nothing else.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I keep thinking about this issue. and though don't have this as an overwhelming problem here, we do have a horrendous growing problem of homeless people who are living in tents and setting up tent cities in places like Los Angeles. They ruin businesses by blocking entry or making it too unpleasant or threatening for customers to enter. Is it better to keep problematic people moving or rounded up in refugee-type camps? I have no idea...

However...

Here, convicted drug dealers here can have their vehicles permanently confiscated if they are used for the drug trade. Seems to me that if these thugs are using their vehicles to steal animals, they could be confiscated and given to animal welfare organizations. It's a lot tougher to steal a dog (or property) running down the street with it in your arms. The loss of caravans and cars might be enough to stop some of that unconscionable behavior, if nothing else.
Unfortunately, our authorities in the UK are far too soft to do half of the things they really ought to do.

Hence, the unprecedented increases in crime and the number of illegal immigrants making their way across what used to be our 'moat', the latter with our active help to encourage them further.

I sometimes wish that we would become your 51st state. Somehow, I can't imagine so many people taking advantage of us with your far stronger anti-criminal measures.

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top