Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 08:18 AM

Toxicity.

First,may I please point out.

Nothing to do with this forum.

In real life,people you know or are acquainted with.

Do you have toxic people in your life?

I was just wondering how you would deal with them?

Or,maybe you wouldn’t stand for people like that in your life?

Have you ever lived with anyone like that?

Did it affect your life?

Any stories to tell?
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

31-07-2020, 08:56 AM

Re: Toxicity.

I have actually met many more toxic people on-line than in real life, but I have met quite a few in reality too, most of those were of the highly unpleasant 'born again' ilk.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I have actually met many more toxic people on-line than in real life, but I have met quite a few in reality too, most of those were of the highly unpleasant 'born again' ilk.

Funny you should say that..I have met some on a Christian site...OSAS...they are very nasty...but I’m not to judge them.

Plus I have been like them..but I never seemed to notice it in myself.

That i was being NASTY!.......then I woke up.......I think quite a few can be toxic on or offline.

AND Not Notice It In Themselves......they’re to busy looking at the speck in someone else’s eye.

Yet can’t see their own plank.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:08 AM

I never like to judge people Pauline, Some people are compatible with me, and some aren't, but I wouldn't describe them as 'Toxic'...We are all different and I think it's these differences that make up the rich tapestry of life.....Some people who appeared incompatible with me when I first met them have turned out to be best friends. Books and covers springs to mind....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

31-07-2020, 09:10 AM

Very true,OGF......positive way of looking at it.....
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:11 AM

I think I have been very lucky in my life Pauline, I can't think of anyone toxic that has made any impression on me. I do see some on-line - you know those sort of folks that say what they like because they are behind a screen but wouldn't say those things to a person's face - but I think these people are more to be pitied than anything. Life's too short to be nasty to others.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:14 AM

Its probably better to have
1 Toxic Person
1 Liar
1 philanderer
1 Bigot
1 Fantasist
1 Hypochondriac
1 Misanthrope
1 Xenophobe
1 Christian
1 Atheist
In you life, than 10 Zombies.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

31-07-2020, 09:15 AM

Personally....I have been nasty at times....I learnt a lot from it...it stemmed back to childhood ......

Once I recognised why I was the way I was.(unresolved hurt and anger)..I was then able to deal with it......dig the root out and burn it.

Plant something nice in its place......it was a hard lesson to learn....for some reason I have always had to learn the hard way......unfortunately it has cost me dearly!....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

31-07-2020, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I think I have been very lucky in my life Pauline, I can't think of anyone toxic that has made any impression on me. I do see some on-line - you know those sort of folks that say what they like because they are behind a screen but wouldn't say those things to a person's face - but I think these people are more to be pitied than anything. Life's too short to be nasty to others.

Brilliant post,Margaret...and very true..imo.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

31-07-2020, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Its probably better to have
1 Toxic Person
1 Liar
1 philanderer
1 Bigot
1 Fantasist
1 Hypochondriac
1 Misanthrope
1 Xenophobe
1 Christian
1 Atheist
In you life, than 10 Zombies.

Yup!.......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top