Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 10:04 PM

Wasp nest

Had one removed today, felt slightly sorry for the wasps, they had been there for a few days and not ventured from the eaves, never bothering me in the Garden or coming into the house, would have been a better outcome if they had left under their own volition but, it was not to be.
All living things have a place, a sad outcome.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 10:42 PM

Re: Wasp nest

They can be dangerous en mass though. Specially in a house. Their nests are works of art, did you see it?
We must have one near, probably in the garden as there are many flying in & around the pond.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 10:53 PM

I know but I am a sentimental old Hector.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 11:34 PM

I agree with Tiffany, Spitty.

You did the right thing. It had to go.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 08:35 AM

I was once poking into some undergrowth and disturbed a wasps nest.

They were all over me. I raced into the house throwing my clothes off as I went - rushed upstairs & leapt into the shower.

I was lucky only to have 4 stings!!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 08:57 AM

Did you have to pay for the removal or did the council do it .

I'm terrified of the things and dread the thought of having a nest in my loft or eaves
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

I'm terrified of the things and dread the thought of having a nest in my loft or eaves
Spray the nest with pyrethrum based wasp killer spray, various are obtainable from garden centres of even supermarkets but do so last thing at night. Next day use a vacuum cleaner with a hose and simply vacuum the whole thing away. They just fall apart.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Spray the nest with pyrethrum based wasp killer spray, various are obtainable from garden centres of even supermarkets but do so last thing at night. Next day use a vacuum cleaner with a hose and simply vacuum the whole thing away. They just fall apart.
That's fine for those who are petrified - like Susan.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
That's fine for those who are petrified - like Susan.

. . . and me.

I wouldn't dare go anywhere near it even.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

04-08-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

It cost £55, I was expecting the guy to get all kitted out then get up a ladder, wrong, he had a lance that slotted together (bit like the reach and wash things window cleaners use) with what seemed to be a gas canister fitted to the bit he held, did the job in shorts and a Tee Shirt.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top