Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 11:15 AM

Neighbours.

Hi

Rough and ready round here, but some lovely neighbours.

Nice ones next door, as opposed to druggie on the other side came back from holiday yesterday afternoon.

They have been here for years and friends with next but one on the other side.

A somewhat loud, tattooed fearsome lady who seems to run things.

Popped round with a little pressie and spoke with Guy, who told them what had been going on with the ambulances etc.

My front garden was stacked with rubbish for the tip and six bags of compost to go round the back.

Knock on the door not long ago.

Hiya mate, open the side door and we will get your stuff round the back for you, tell us where you want it.

A trannie van on the cross over, rubbish piled in the back, don't worry, it is going in the works skip.

All over in 10 minutes.

Rubbish bins taken out for tomorrow morning.

Cheers for that, how much do I owe you?

Sod all mate, you can get us a drink when you are better.

Faith in human nature has been restored.

It would be fair to say that the blokes who did this look like the ones you would cross the road to avoid.

I am a happy womble.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 11:31 AM

Re: Neighbours.

Just goes to show never judge a book by its cover.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 11:39 AM

That's brilliant.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 11:39 AM

One side a farm. Nice family. Other side a barrister & tribe. He frequently commutes into ? but a couple of houses down the street an old girl that we all bother with odds and sods then just folk untill on the very outskirts is a (thankfully) small housing estate. Nobody in the village proper have anything to do with anyone living there. Opposite us is farmland.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 12:40 PM

Oh swim that made my eyes water .

See there can be kindness everywhere
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 12:44 PM

Let's hope that this leads to you feeling a bit less stressed/unhappy about them Swimmy. Glad that your OK, BTW.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 12:51 PM

How kind Swimmy, just goes to show we can’t judge all people by their looks.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How kind Swimmy, just goes to show we can’t judge all people by their looks.
Exactly right Mags. What lovely neighbours Swimmy has to one side.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Rough and ready round here, but some lovely neighbours.

Nice ones next door, as opposed to druggie on the other side came back from holiday yesterday afternoon.

They have been here for years and friends with next but one on the other side.

A somewhat loud, tattooed fearsome lady who seems to run things.

Popped round with a little pressie and spoke with Guy, who told them what had been going on with the ambulances etc.

My front garden was stacked with rubbish for the tip and six bags of compost to go round the back.

Knock on the door not long ago.

Hiya mate, open the side door and we will get your stuff round the back for you, tell us where you want it.

A trannie van on the cross over, rubbish piled in the back, don't worry, it is going in the works skip.

All over in 10 minutes.

Rubbish bins taken out for tomorrow morning.

Cheers for that, how much do I owe you?

Sod all mate, you can get us a drink when you are better.

Faith in human nature has been restored.

It would be fair to say that the blokes who did this look like the ones you would cross the road to avoid.

I am a happy womble.
How lovely - I am glad you have some nice neighbours, Swimmy.

I am lucky here too. When the C19 restrictions began the younger ones all gave us older ones their email addresses and/or telephone numbers so we had someone to contact if in need. Plus those with cars have been doing shopping for those without - and offering lifts when the rules eased a bit. It is a real community and it is lovely.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 04:45 PM

It's great to have good neighbours, of course that's how it always used to be when we were kids living in the back to backs, but people seem to be much more insular theses days. We are lucky though where we live now, everyone says hello as they pass, and we all help one another out if the need arises, a real comfort as the years pass...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top