Join for free
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 12:04 PM

Re: Is anyone bothering with the election?

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Three years ago the british people were asked to vote as to whether we should leave or remain in the EU. The majority voted to leave.
The wishes of the people have been ignored so why should we take for granted any promise made by any of these political vote hunters.
Well if we are ignored once again, I believe that Farage will not go away. I am of the opinion that he genuinely believes in our democracy and national freedom and will continue to fight for it.

Assuming that people's memories persist for another five years, we shall be back where we started four years ago. The powers-that-be must realise that they cannot subjugate for ever a population which is entirely dissatisfied with their situation.

If we see, once and for all, that none of the established political parties are to be trusted, perhaps at last the majority of people will realise that our political system requires reform...
by the Reform Party!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 12:18 PM

A difficult choice.
If you want a government that will increase the number living in or close to poverty then vote Tory, if you want more cuts to vital services then vote Tory. If you want ever increases in price rises as there are on the rail networks then vote Tory. If you want the poor to get poorer and the rich get richer then vote Tory.
if you want a Marxist led government then vote Labour. If you want no defence against attacks from other potential enemies then vote Labour. If you want to live in a third world country then vote Labour because if they stick to and carry out their promises that is the sort of country we will become within a few years. If you want Industrial strikes every week then vote Labour. If you want your country to continue being 'ruled' by bureaucrats in Brussels then vote Labour.
I want neither so I will not be voting
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:16 PM

I feel the same I dont want to vote for liars
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:24 PM

Hi

Just had Vote Labour leaflet in the post.

Individually addressed, it must be costing them.

Shame about Corbyn, I am not voting for him.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
A difficult choice.
If you want a government that will increase the number living in or close to poverty then vote Tory, if you want more cuts to vital services then vote Tory. If you want ever increases in price rises as there are on the rail networks then vote Tory. If you want the poor to get poorer and the rich get richer then vote Tory.
if you want a Marxist led government then vote Labour. If you want no defence against attacks from other potential enemies then vote Labour. If you want to live in a third world country then vote Labour because if they stick to and carry out their promises that is the sort of country we will become within a few years. If you want Industrial strikes every week then vote Labour. If you want your country to continue being 'ruled' by bureaucrats in Brussels then vote Labour.
I want neither so I will not be voting
Big Ben you must spoil your ballot by crossing out the list of
candidates provided for you, and write non of the above at the
bottom if you wish your vote to be registered as spoiled?
These spoiled votes are then counted and registered and used for
reference purposes.
If you wish to just waste your vote then carry on and just dont vote!
Regards Donkeyman!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm looking forward to Friday morning. I'm sick of voting for this, voting for that, debate about this, debate about that, he said, she said blah blah blah.

I'm voting for the Tories, having renewed by membership as I do not have a Brexit Party candidate to vote for and even if I did, having listened to Boris Johnson tell us of his determination to get Brexit done, I'm taking a leap of faith in him to get what I voted for over the line. I also do not want to split the vote and let Corbyn in to number 10 - this would be a far bigger disaster for the country than a no-deal Brexit ever could be.

My prediction is that the Tories will win with around 355 seats, but anything can happen in a GE and the polls can never be trusted.

Roll on Friday morning...
As am I. I'm sick to death of the multiple `leader debates`, all repeating the same thing over and over again. Totally pointless. If people haven't made their minds up already who they are going to vote for, or indeed not vote at all, it's a bit late in the day to try to convince people.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:59 PM

The caring left

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hospital.html
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 07:48 PM

Seeing many of the headlines in the newspapers these past few weeks, many go on about if you want brexit to happen, vote Conservatives so they can get a majority and push through brexit. The problem is, even if with a majority there will still be conservative MP's who will defy their party and vote against brexit.

Remember, at the last election the Tories were only a few seats short of a majority and thus partnered with the DUP. Even when the DUP voted with the conservatives on some brexit issues, it was the fact that many conservatives defied not only their leader but also their constituents and voted against brexit that Boris could not get brexit pushed through. This is still going to happen if they win the election with a majority. All it will take is 20 or so Tory MP's to defy their leader and the country will still be in a brexit deadlock. Look what happened last time when Boris told his MP's to vote for brexit, 22 of them went against him and ended up getting kicked out of the party. If 22 were prepared to do it then, then more will be prepared to do it again.

Therefore winning with a majority will prove pointless unless Boris is able to force his party members to vote YES on matters that relate to leaving the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 07:53 PM

Slightly off-topic, but the problems the NHS is experiencing are largely due to too many patients for the service to handle. This includes health tourists who should not be entitled to use the service, and the number of drunks and 'patients with cut fingers' who should not be tying up emergency services.

If the NHS does eventually become a private health service - which I really do not want - both of those types of 'problem patients' would be deterred from misusing the service. A better alternative would be to impose small charges for attention. Not too much; just enough to dissuade unnecessary attendances at A&E.
jmg1414
New Member!
UNITED KINGDOM
jmg1414 is female 

10-12-2019, 07:39 PM

This is the first time in my adult life that I am utterly disgusted with the so-called manifestos of all the parties...I am disgusted at their assumption that they can do what they want and not what we want....They work for us...I am ashamed of them all...I know we have lost so much respect from the rest of the world and as such is a laughing stock..
Watching this assortment of egotistical tu**s doing, saying and promising us things that we know are not even possible is sad really sad.....I will vote because the right to vote is something we should all be thankful for but I feel I may just as well tie a hanky around my eyes and stick a pin in the ballot paper....

Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top