Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:46 PM

Re: The Way to a Man's Heart is?

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Thanks Twink, Dunc has been a life long friend and he let me escape up to their family's farm many times over the years. I've never looked for anything other than friendship from him since we were kids and it was very strange moving our relationship over to the way we are now. I often thought...what the hell are you doing lassie. That's the main reason I kept my own home....as a safety net, but it's been almost 20 years now.
I think your post has just demonstrated what I was saying! Trust and respect come naturally with friends & you remain friends because you really like each other. Sadly jealousy and the need to possess exist too soon in a boyfriend/ girlfriend relationship and even marriage doesn't overcome those feelings!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In a marriage the man and the woman have different roles and different responsibility.

We worked on the principle that I provided the money and the lifestyle and the Memsahib provided the home.
Sorry I still can't agree! Many women hated the man holding the purse strings.... maybe that is why so many women choose to work. Being a housekeeper and parent is a role that should be shared by both partners!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 02:22 PM

I don't like cooking, not good at it. Late OH used to cook every Christmas & other times in later life, I managed to bring him up & 2 children to adulthood without poisoning them. No idea how. I still don't like cooking. Daughter doesn't cook either, but her Partner is a brilliant cook, he even bakes exceedingly good cakes.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 02:54 PM

Ms d00d & I enjoy a good relationship, we have our roles, unwritten rules, it's just the way things have turned out ...

I'm in charge of paying bills, thing to do with the car, booking holidays, the admin. I do nearly all the cooking and that includes food shopping, watching food progs for inspiration.

She does washing, ironing the odd shirt for me, hoovering, that kind of thing. She also enjoy a bit of food shopping fruit mainly, she love market stall.

We've never argued over money, always ensuring we've got a bit spare.

This ... way to a man's heart, just words from a bygone era.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 04:03 PM

I know that many will not agree with my thoughts on the way to a man's heart, but having grown up with many brothers and having only many sons, I feel I have gained valuable knowledge over many years to say that the way to a man's heart (in my case anyway)

Let him always know that he comes first before anything and everybody.

Tell him every day 'I love you' (I know some people feel you don't need to ever say those three little words to let each other know that they love each other, but we do.)

Never let yourself go. If you do, you may not feel it is important after many years of marriage or partnership, but you should realise, men look first with their eyes and then their trouser fronts, it doesn't matter what age, there is always someone out there ready and willing to be the woman you used to be - before you stopped bothering.

Being a good cook is not important in a good relationship. Either one should be able to cook a nice meal but it is more important that what is on the plate is enjoyed by both of you, whether it is a lovely home-made meal, beans on toast or a take-away. As long as you are happy in each other's company, whatever food you eat will always taste nice.

Always be ready to say sorry, even if you damn well know you are right.

Always let him think he is the one who made the decision to do exactly as you planned.

Try your best to make sure you hit the bathroom first so you can have your quick shower, put your make-up on and fluff up your hair. By the time he then comes out of the bathroom, you are dressed and ready with his cup of tea.

That's it really. I do have my own requirements of course where he is concerned, but that is a different thread.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 05:40 PM

All very lovely and agreeable Shrops. But ...

... agree to differ, sits better with me.

Or am I naive, forgetting how manipulative women can be?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Maybe here?..My wife can cook very well but she doesn't have to. She has a demanding full time job and at 56 is a long way from retirement. I am retired and I do all the cooking. (And everything else at home with the help of my son who works part time)) I started out with the basics but over the years it has developed into more than a hobby. The food I cook is varied and cosmopolitan "Mediterasian" mostly. And all done with totally fresh ingredients. No processed or "fast" food is allowed past the front gate at our house unless somebody else apart from the three of us is going to eat it. As far as I know my wife has no plans to leave me for a younger man. (fingers crossed!) So I think I already made it to her heart some time ago and that was quite a while before I could cook well. Also her girlfriends at work keep saying how jealous they are that she has a chef for a husband. And she tells me she is lucky to have me which makes me feel very good. I think that old saying is..?..well..What an impolite person would call bad food? Whether you are a man or a woman, finding you way to somebody's heart and staying there is about a lot more than food or cooking. So my answer is I don't think it matters who does the cooking. AS long as it's done properly by somebody and it's appreciated by the people it's done for. JMO
Does your wife know what a treasure she is married to?

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
All very lovely and agreeable Shrops. But ...

... agree to differ, sits better with me.

Or am I naive, forgetting how manipulative women can be?
Many hundreds of apologies from me to him when I knew damned well that I was right and it was he who should be saying sorry, always brought dividends for me.

Don't ever underestimate a woman's thinking. Once I apologised to him,nine times out of ten, the moment I apologised, he would always come out with, I'm sorry too love, when I think about it, you are right!
Argument over. I won. Bunch of flowers next on the agenda, and fun making up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Does there need to be a way to a man's heart?
The men that have loved me, love me for the person I am, so I don't have to cook, provide sexual favours, or be a homemaker & if any man expected that from me I would reject him!

Before anybody gets the wrong idea, I am considered a good cook, enjoy sex and try to keep my home nice, but I do it because I choose to, not to try and win the love of a man.

I have also had a good career & worked full time till retirement, as have any of my partners
Will you be in on Thursday morning?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
i know that many will not agree with my thoughts on the way to a man's heart, but having grown up with many brothers and having only many sons, i feel i have gained valuable knowledge over many years to say that the way to a man's heart (in my case anyway)

let him always know that he comes first before anything and everybody.

Tell him every day 'i love you' (i know some people feel you don't need to ever say those three little words to let each other know that they love each other, but we do.)

never let yourself go. If you do, you may not feel it is important after many years of marriage or partnership, but you should realise, men look first with their eyes and then their trouser fronts, it doesn't matter what age, there is always someone out there ready and willing to be the woman you used to be - before you stopped bothering.

Being a good cook is not important in a good relationship. Either one should be able to cook a nice meal but it is more important that what is on the plate is enjoyed by both of you, whether it is a lovely home-made meal, beans on toast or a take-away. As long as you are happy in each other's company, whatever food you eat will always taste nice.

Always let him think he is the one who made the decision to do exactly as you planned.

Try your best to make sure you hit the bathroom first so you can have your quick shower, put your make-up on and fluff up your hair. By the time he then comes out of the bathroom, you are dressed and ready with his cup of tea.

That's it really. I do have my own requirements of course where he is concerned, but that is a different thread. :-d

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top