Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:00 PM

Re: The Way to a Man's Heart is?

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Many hundreds of apologies from me to him when I knew damned well that I was right and it was he who should be saying sorry, always brought dividends for me.

Don't ever underestimate a woman's thinking. Once I apologised to him,nine times out of ten, the moment I apologised, he would always come out with, I'm sorry too love, when I think about it, you are right!
Argument over. I won. Bunch of flowers next on the agenda, and fun making up.
bit of great reverse psychology there Shroppy. Must remember that hehe
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I know that many will not agree with my thoughts on the way to a man's heart, but having grown up with many brothers and having only many sons, I feel I have gained valuable knowledge over many years to say that the way to a man's heart (in my case anyway)

Let him always know that he comes first before anything and everybody.

Tell him every day 'I love you' (I know some people feel you don't need to ever say those three little words to let each other know that they love each other, but we do.)

Never let yourself go. If you do, you may not feel it is important after many years of marriage or partnership, but you should realise, men look first with their eyes and then their trouser fronts, it doesn't matter what age, there is always someone out there ready and willing to be the woman you used to be - before you stopped bothering.

Being a good cook is not important in a good relationship. Either one should be able to cook a nice meal but it is more important that what is on the plate is enjoyed by both of you, whether it is a lovely home-made meal, beans on toast or a take-away. As long as you are happy in each other's company, whatever food you eat will always taste nice.

Always be ready to say sorry, even if you damn well know you are right.

Always let him think he is the one who made the decision to do exactly as you planned.

Try your best to make sure you hit the bathroom first so you can have your quick shower, put your make-up on and fluff up your hair. By the time he then comes out of the bathroom, you are dressed and ready with his cup of tea.

That's it really. I do have my own requirements of course where he is concerned, but that is a different thread.
A good post Shrops.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:02 PM

Obviously having a nice home is important but I think if you are with the right person you could live happily in a tent.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Chanakya, an Indian philosopher from long ago wrote "A good wife is one who serves her husband in the morning like a mother does, loves him in the day like a sister does and pleases him like a prostitute in the night."

He got it right.
So, was he married then?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So, was he married then?

I doubt it, Annie.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I doubt it, Annie.
No surprise there eh!

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, I bet, if half the people in ‘dead’ marriages had somewhere to go, they would go.
Many in our age group stay for all the wrong reasons and just put up with it.
That is true, Artangel

Sadly, many people do not have the means or the energy to leave a loveless relationship.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
They say that The way to a man's' heart is through his stomach!!
My friend intelligent and articulate a very efficient Secretary
She not only can't cook, she refuses to cook for her husband and family. They are only offered convenience food or microwaved food. Her husband who loves her and has got used to this, and often eats fresh food away from home.
Her four children are all tall and healthy and at University.
She obviously has other talents!!

So does it really matter if Wives and Mothers you can't cook?

My other friend cooks fresh meals three times a day for her family and her husband expects this as well, She does enjoy cooking.
The last time I saw her, she was very upset as the said husband had left her for a woman who did not cook, but smoked as well.

Where's the justice?

Maybe the fella had a penchant for Kippers?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Will you be in on Thursday morning?
No but I will be out voting. I understand that the ladies at the polling station have a small room which is used to torture any man who makes rude suggestions.........shall I meet you there>

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top