Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 12:55 PM

And yet another scam......

I had a call from 'Tom' this morning, he said.

''I am Tom who fitter your loft insulation under the goverment top up scheme''

Then he proceeded as described below...

A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page warned people to "beware scam calls about your loft insulation."

It said: "We have received reports of calls to residents from a trader stating that their loft insulation may not meet new Government Regulations, and as such, may be causing damp.

"The caller then goes on to offer a free survey of the loft, and attempts to make an appointment.

"This information is false.
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/warning...folk-1-6328396

I had my loft topped up on the government scheme some years ago.
I guessed it was a scam and asked Tom to tell me my name/address and the date he carried out the work, he hung up on me
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Re: And yet another scam......

Meg .....that's the same Tom who rang me here in Dorset . He got quite aggressive with me because I asked the same question .

I reported it to 101 and put it on my local next door web site
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 02:01 PM

Another scam I need to tell my dad about. Thanks for alerting us meg
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 02:11 PM

Thank you Meg.

I am sick to death of these devious scumbags trying to rob innocent people all the time.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 03:03 PM

A few weeks ago I have a very professional lady , who phoned to suggest there may be a problem with the lagging that the council put in my loft. She said they could help to check it. I told her that, if I had any problem with my loft lagging I would not need anybody to assist me taking the matter up with the council.....especially when they were also trying to con me!

It looks like this is the new scam, because I told my council and they said that a lot of local people had received a similar call.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 06:39 PM

maybe one of us should make an appointment and arrange for the police to meet him at the house.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 07:25 PM

Hi

Getting money out of me is an impossibility, with one exception, which I have posted about frequently.

Tall slim blondes.

It has taken 50 years, but eventually got there.

They are no longer an issue.
jmg1414
New Member!
UNITED KINGDOM
jmg1414 is female 

10-12-2019, 07:57 PM

I had a call on my mob from a mob in London..I answered and a man with an Asian voice asked for my husband...I had already had 2 that day so was not very polite ...Blow me he rang back Told me he was a delivery driver looking for my house....I felt so sorry I could not apologise enough...W e suffer from living in a part of the world with few people of differing origins and languages....my oh my I really must stop and listen...I just get so angry with these scammers....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by jmg1414 ->
I had a call on my mob from a mob in London..I answered and a man with an Asian voice asked for my husband...I had already had 2 that day so was not very polite ...Blow me he rang back Told me he was a delivery driver looking for my house....I felt so sorry I could not apologise enough...W e suffer from living in a part of the world with few people of differing origins and languages....my oh my I really must stop and listen...I just get so angry with these scammers....
Ooops!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by jmg1414 ->
Two husbands? In one day? You fast cat!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top