Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 11:13 AM

Re: Another one of my weird little stories

I've always been interested in meta physics and studied it for half my lifetime . Also unexplained happenings and have spoken to many folk and even had what I call spiritual or unexplained experiences .

I know the mind can play tricks and also the difference between dreaming lucid dreaming and being awake aware and seeing something in a flash which is solid and real . Then our mind will try to tell us its imagination.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 11:26 AM

I find that I can relate all my dreams to somethings I have thought about in the day.... but they are all jumbled up.

Eg. I may have seen an old lady slowly carrying her shopping home. Thought about a friend who used to keep dogs & read about an irate man telling a few cheeky youngsters off. None of them are connected but they will all appear in the same dream!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 11:41 AM

I've been having some very disturbing and pretty disgusting dreams this past week. I think it may be due to some meds I am on. I've been glad to wake up for sure. It's either the meds or I have a very troubled mind

It might be somone who has passed paying you a visit? We can be sceptical but one never knows really. I wish my Sister and Mummy would come into my dreams
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 11:52 AM

When I dream I am amongst people who know me so very well . I'm chatting and laughing with them , sometimes in that mixture of people i may see someone who i am related to who are now passed over yet most of these people are so fond of me and me of them

Yet , the moment i awake i say , who were those people i seemed to know so well , they are complete strangers to me . Yet i would have seen my mum or dad brother .

The second I wake all the strangers disappear .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
.... if you're not asleep Bob!
No problem there Mags, I'm usually asleep before the room goes dark when I switch off the light....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I know what you mean, in the past I have woken up, then woken up, then woken up again but I was really awake for real.
...Must be something in the air darn sarf....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-12-2019, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I woke up the other night I could hear someone breathing I mean sort of laboured breathing... they walked around the bed and sat right next to me.. I felt the matress indent as they sat

It was dark and I was scared so I didn't look just closed my eyes tight and eventually I must have fallen asleep again..
.was it a dream?.....bloody hope so

Hope yours was too
So you got the box of 'Cadburys Milk Tray' I left then Summer....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 01:26 PM

Strange happenings indeed. It takes me back to when we were children and we moved into a three-bedroomed council house just around the corner from a small very dark copse that everyone knew as the name of a man. It was always used as a short-cut to and from town.

Because there were only three bedrooms, my parents of course had one, I had the small box room, and my brothers, aged 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12, all shared the third and largest bedroom, that accommodated two double beds, sleeping three to a bed.

One early morning at around 2 am, we were all awoken by one of my brothers (aged 10 at the time) shouting out for Mum. He was hollering so much that I followed both Mum and Dad into the boys’ room to see what all the noise was about. He had woken everyone up and there were some very grumpy faces looking at him and wondering what on earth was wrong.

He insisted that he had woken up (his spot for sleeping was always on the outside furthest from the wall) to see the dark figure of a man standing there staring into his face. He said he was wide awake and so scared that upon seeing this figure, he threw the sheets over his head and then grabbed hold of our little 6 year old brother who always slept in the middle, and threw him over himself so he himself would be in the middle of the bed and our little brother would be in the line of fire! He then said that he slowly lifted the sheets off his head to see if the figure had gone, but it was still there, still staring straight at him! He threw the sheets back over his head..

That’s when he started shouting for our Mum,who came running into the room followed by Dad and me. Of course, the first thing she did was switch the bedroom light on, and of course there was nothing there. He wouldn’t go back to sleep though until he was allowed to sleep next to the wall and furthest away from the outside of the bed, and that remained his permanent place in the bed from then on.

My brother was never allowed to forget what a cowardy custard he was for having a nightmare, thinking it was real yet ready to sacrifice his little brother to save his own skin! He swore blind for years that he was fully wide awake though.

It didn’t help either when Mum informed us years later when we were teenagers, that she and Dad didn’t know that the small dark copse we all used every day and known by all by a man’s name, was the name of the man who lived in our council house before the tenants prior to us, and had hanged himself from a tree in the copse - hence the name of the copse, it was named after him!!

Certainly made us think twice at the time about what he claimed he saw that early morning!
Scared me for a long time because I slept on my own in my little box room.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So you got the box of 'Cadburys Milk Tray' I left then Summer....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
When I dream I am amongst people who know me so very well . I'm chatting and laughing with them , sometimes in that mixture of people i may see someone who i am related to who are now passed over yet most of these people are so fond of me and me of them

Yet , the moment i awake i say , who were those people i seemed to know so well , they are complete strangers to me . Yet i would have seen my mum or dad brother .

The second I wake all the strangers disappear .

Yes, I dream that sort of thing sometimes.

I regularly dream about being back at school with all my class mates and we are normally on some sort of school trip. Of course, they all look like they did back then.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top