Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 12:19 PM

Re: Affordable homes

Actually I dont think it’s right it is their home after all .
Why should they be kicked out?
I don’t know anyone in this situation most people who have lived in their council properties for so long have bought them at a discount .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 12:27 PM

All social housing should be provided where there is an essential need should be on a fixed term lease and circumstances and ongoing need used to determine if a change of accomadation is appropriate at the end of the lease term.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 12:30 PM

So what would you do .
Elderly couple have lived in their council property for twenty years .
They have always paid their rent and cherish their garden ( I don’t know any such case btw)
They are told their house is needed by a family of five refugees from ******* so they are out .
Is this fair ?

What is essential need ?
No one has the essential need to have more than three children .Its not the countries fault if their parents fall out and want separate accommodation.
What in your opinion is essential need ?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So what would you do .
Elderly couple have lived in their council property for twenty years .
They have always paid their rent and cherish their garden ( I don’t know any such case btw)
They are told their house is needed by a family of five refugees from ******* so they are out .
Is this fair ?

What is essential need ?
No one has the essential need to have more than three children .Its not the countries fault if their parents fall out and want separate accommodation.
What in your opinion is essential need ?
Essential need is when a person or family has NO WAY to have their needs met by the private sector.

With a fixed term lease their circumstances may have changed such that they can be provided by the private sector or the accomadation has become unsuited to their needs in which case they should be relocated.

As for the family of refugees, that is a can of worms starting with a national cleansing of our nation of people here on false pretences or simply illegally having burglarised our country.

For those few left then if they meet the criteria of having an essential need etc. then relocating people from accomadation above their needs would be right and proper at the end of their fixed term lease.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 01:05 PM

Actually I dont think it’s right it is their home after all .
Why should they be kicked out?
I don’t know anyone in this situation most people who have lived in their council properties for so long have bought them at a discount .
So on one hand you say there is not enough social housing but at the same time you think its OK to occupy a house that has more bedrooms than you need ?

Firstly, why should the tax payer fund a house that you don't need and secondly, why are you complaining there are not enough council houses for people, when you could move out of yours to one that suits your needs and allow a family to have yours, instead of them living in (for example) temporary accommodation ?

I know people exactly like this and my friend, who works for a council in London says this is one of the main reasons that families are on waiting lists - because people refuse to give up council houses they do not need.

Do you not see that these people are part of the problem for social housing ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-12-2019, 02:02 PM

I am not complaining and I don’t live in a council house also I don’t know of any elderly people hogging them.
I am sorry but I simply don’t believe that hordes of elderly people are occupying large council houses for the reasons I have already given.
London may be a different market but I’m not sure of that either .
Why don’t the large families go elsewhere why is it essential they live in London ?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 02:35 PM

I am not complaining and I don’t live in a council house also I don’t know of any elderly people hogging them.
I am sorry but I simply don’t believe that hordes of elderly people are occupying large council houses for the reasons I have already given.
London may be a different market but I’m not sure of that either .
Why don’t the large families go elsewhere why is it essential they live in London ?
I'm sure this issue is not limited to London.

I would imagine this situation arises when families occupy 3 / 4 bedroom council houses and when then children leave home they hang on to them. They aren't necessarily elderly either.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:18 PM

Local Councils are holding over 23,000 vacant residential properties and there are 200,000 empty homes across the UK
This is scandalous and someone should be made to
address why these houses can not be let or sold
Source. Emoov.

Also, there are thousands of empty Commercial properties in High Streets that could be converted to First time buyers apartments and Family homes too. Many Council owned and owned by The Church of England and other rich public bodies
There would not be a housing shortage affordable or otherwise if they were all occupied
Councils do not help private builders with there expensive planning applications and unreasonably refusing building permission.
They just want poor people to suffer while they increase their salaries and live in their detached Mansions.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:22 PM

And another thing!
Why can't three story High Apartments be built as on the Continent, all very spacious and reasonable rents, unlike the ugly High Rise death traps.
And there are plenty of ready made Homes put up in a few days that now last 50 years or more like the Prefabs many of which are still occupied and cherished
Are there any sensible people in the Councils?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-12-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Local Councils are holding over 23,000 vacant residential properties and there are 200,000 empty homes across the UK
This is scandalous and someone should be made to
address why these houses can not be let or sold
Source. Emoov.

Also, there are thousands of empty Commercial properties in High Streets that could be converted to First time buyers apartments and Family homes too. Many Council owned and owned by The Church of England and other rich public bodies
There would not be a housing shortage affordable or otherwise if they were all occupied
Councils do not help private builders with there expensive planning applications and unreasonably refusing building permission.
They just want poor people to suffer while they increase their salaries and live in their detached Mansions.
It’s to do with location I assume .
There are lots of empty council properties in the Shetland islands but for various reasons people don’t want to live there .
Where there is a shortage is London and it’s surrounds .
As for the commercial properties how do you know they are owned by the council ?
Private builders make oddles of money did you ever see a poor builder ?

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top