Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 12:39 PM

Re: Cremation, Burial . . . or Composted

Cemeteries are at least an oasis of green and can become havens of wildlife and fauna especially in towns.
Our local churchyard is a conservation area and deer often go there and they let the grass grow so there are hundreds of snowdrops in winter .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Cemeteries are at least an oasis of green and can become havens of wildlife and fauna especially in towns.
Our local churchyard is a conservation area and deer often go there and they let the grass grow so there are hundreds of snowdrops in winter .
Do you have to get planning permission before you get buried
then Muddy? Just a thought!
Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:06 PM

I want my internet browsing history to be read out at my funeral.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Do you have to get planning permission before you get buried
then Muddy? Just a thought!
Donkeyman!
No anyone may be buried in the churchyard if they live in the parish .
And you are there forever unlike in towns which only lease you the grave for 75 years .
I take it they will dig everyone up after that but I will be dead so it won’t trouble me.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:34 PM

And you are there forever unlike in towns which only lease you the grave for 75 years .
I take it they will dig everyone up after that but I will be dead so it won’t trouble me.
That's interesting.
Eventually, if not already, churchyards will be full. Then, I assume, there can be no further burials.

My father is buried in a council graveyard and I remember him proudly telling me that his parents and two brothers were also down there and that there was "room for only one on top". He used to be a bus driver when younger!

I didn't know that they'd all have to be exhumed after 75 years. Of course, by then I'll be long gone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 06:23 PM

At the cemetery I will go in, because I left the village over 10 years ago, my plot doubles in price.

Also, the rules there say . .

" Grants of exclusive right of burial are granted for a period of 25/50 years. At the expiry of a fixed period for which such a right has been granted, the Council may offer an opportunity to purchase a further number of years.
The Council may servce notice of determination on those graves where the grave does not appear to be tended and where the right has not been exercised for 5/10 years.
The right will then cease unless the owner notifies the Council in writing of his/her wishes to retain it for a further period."
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 06:35 PM

QUOTE=swimfeeders;1822607]Hi

Simple basic cremation for me, no mourners, ashes not returned.

I intend to leave this world as I came into it, unnoticed.[/QUOTE]
I'd go with that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-12-2019, 10:32 PM

People do all sorts of things with their ashes .
Some go up in a rocket.
Others who like the sea put them in big concrete honeycombed balls to make new reefs for fish .

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 11:10 PM

Burning ambition meant something else years ago.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top