Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:12 PM

Christmas lights already?

I collected some packing boxes this evening, about 7.15, and by this time of course it was getting dark. As I left the lady’s road I was surprised to see one of the huge trees at the bottom of the market all lit up. Not only that, but the house opposite me, has a similar set up in their garden...lights strung around a tree.

Now to me, this indicates that Christmas is just around the corner.

Is it?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:32 PM

Re: Christmas lights already?

Not quite in my opinion Jazzi. We have Halloween and Guy Fawkes night to go yet. My local garden centre is selling Christmas stuff but no houses lit around here yet. Mind you, I think I am the only one in our road that bothers.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not quite in my opinion Jazzi. We have Halloween and Guy Fawkes night to go yet. My local garden centre is selling Christmas stuff but no houses lit around here yet. Mind you, I think I am the only one in our road that bothers.

Yes, and talking of that, we had the first big, noisy display going off somewhere near here last Saturday night! Grrrr.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, and talking of that, we had the first big, noisy display going off somewhere near here last Saturday night! Grrrr.
Tirzah will be up at the window no doubt, watching the fireworks as always. She loves it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:53 PM

I had a shock when we went to the Garden Centre this morning ..... all their Christmas displays and decorations were up. It looked really beautiful - but far too early
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I had a shock when we went to the Garden Centre this morning ..... all their Christmas displays and decorations were up. It looked really beautiful - but far too early

I agree.
What's more, I see there is Sony Movie Christmas Channel (50 on Freeview), that is only Christmas films from morning till night every single day now.!!!

Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 11:01 PM

Don't forget Brexit day on 1st November (sorry).
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 11:10 PM

Arghhh Christmas stuff in the shops already .

And also the Christmas charity letters

I have already had two today one from Crisis and another asking me to plant a poppy .

(Have just bought two purple poppies )

Already had one from the Brooke asking me to increase my D/D ( I did )

Hey ho.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-09-2019, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Don't forget Brexit day on 1st November (sorry).

I don't believe you are sorry at all, Ray!
Take that!

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:07 AM

There’s always fireworks going on around here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top