Join for free
Page 16 of 26 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Candocolin
New Member!
hampshire
Candocolin is male 

04-07-2014, 08:05 AM

Re: Over 50s Dating

im free to all those sexy women out there?
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 08:12 AM

I havnt read all the replies so sorry if some one has already said this... Im not interested in finding another man the one i have is more than enough....;0) but a site that could be split 3 ways in to Dating / looking for friends/ looking for travel companions .People would feel less scared of joining i think if its based more on friend ship first rather than all about sex as some seem to be ..... Id be interested as my hubby works away from home most of the year and has no interest in holidays .. Id like to find walking/travelling friends . But just as a dating site as you said done in a more honest way than the one's you see who are just after taking your money I believe would be very popular .
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 08:41 AM

I've just recently found this site so haven't been very involved in it. The dating site sounds very interesting I'd be keen to try it out.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Candocolin ->
im free to all those sexy women out there?
Hi Colin, the dating site hasn't started yet so please keep this thread strictly about the site, its features, etc, thanks. Some of your other posts have been removed.
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

04-07-2014, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I havnt read all the replies so sorry if some one has already said this... Im not interested in finding another man the one i have is more than enough....;0) but a site that could be split 3 ways in to Dating / looking for friends/ looking for travel companions .People would feel less scared of joining i think if its based more on friend ship first rather than all about sex as some seem to be ..... Id be interested as my hubby works away from home most of the year and has no interest in holidays .. Id like to find walking/travelling friends . But just as a dating site as you said done in a more honest way than the one's you see who are just after taking your money I believe would be very popular .
I appreciate that you just want a few more real life friends, NB, I'm in that situation myself, and by and large I would probably prefer women as pals. But isn't that what this forum is about, to some extent anyway? Or do you think it needs to be more obvious or be in a different site to show that someone is looking for RL friendships, and not just online chat?

I ask because I have joined other sites looking for friends, really, and in one case did find a lady who has become a great friend, we talk on the phone and she is coming to visit later in the year. There is also a lady inb Holland who has expressed an interest in skyping, which is great. I also got one or two email buds of both genders, but great though that is it isn't the same

Sorry Azz I know this isn't dating stuff, but I reckon it is still a need some of us have, so what is your take on it?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 10:54 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Not been through all the posts, but wouldn't mind a friendship site, where members could meet up socially. I was ready to join one in my area, having put it off for years, only to discover it seems to have folded! There sadly seems to be nothing else around.

I badly need to expand my small circle of friends, and there's only so many times a person wants to go out alone!

Howzabout it, Azz?
Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Originally Posted by Margoletta ->
I appreciate that you just want a few more real life friends, NB, I'm in that situation myself, and by and large I would probably prefer women as pals. But isn't that what this forum is about, to some extent anyway? Or do you think it needs to be more obvious or be in a different site to show that someone is looking for RL friendships, and not just online chat?

I ask because I have joined other sites looking for friends, really, and in one case did find a lady who has become a great friend, we talk on the phone and she is coming to visit later in the year. There is also a lady inb Holland who has expressed an interest in skyping, which is great. I also got one or two email buds of both genders, but great though that is it isn't the same

Sorry Azz I know this isn't dating stuff, but I reckon it is still a need some of us have, so what is your take on it?
It's funny you guys should say that, as the two types of sites I was thinking of, was a dating site and/or a friendship site.

The only problem with a friendship site, is it would require a lot of (expensive) marketing to get the word out about it - because it's not really the sort of thing people search for in the search engines.

So maybe we can either:

- Incorporate 'friendships' into the dating site, or,
- Start a Over 50s Club section here, where people can start threads for each area, e.g. Over 50s Club London
- Or both

Perhaps to start with, we can start the section here, and see how that goes?

Originally Posted by Tess ->
I've just recently found this site so haven't been very involved in it. The dating site sounds very interesting I'd be keen to try it out.
Awesome - and welcome
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 11:59 AM

You could of course have Men seeking women, women seeking men, women seeking women, men seeking men & then have for friendship, companions, dating and long-term relationships.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 12:58 PM

Hi there Azz congratulations on how the OFF has progressed over the years. Many of us were here at the beginning and know that you would never put us at risk you have always been sensitive and sincere regarding births, deaths and discussions that have got a bit argumentative so I would trust you to put an excellent dating site together.

I won't use it but I don't do a lot of things that others do and but I would never say no to anything that might make peoples lives that bit more interesting and fun. I enjoy posting on here daily and as you know I have been through the mill and have felt totally safe telling the OFF my problems and they have supported me with kind words and a few laughs.

Good luck Azz we are all proud of you and the remarkable job that you have done to make this Forum a world wide success.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

04-07-2014, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Hi there Azz congratulations on how the OFF has progressed over the years. Many of us were here at the beginning and know that you would never put us at risk you have always been sensitive and sincere regarding births, deaths and discussions that have got a bit argumentative so I would trust you to put an excellent dating site together.

I won't use it but I don't do a lot of things that others do and but I would never say no to anything that might make peoples lives that bit more interesting and fun. I enjoy posting on here daily and as you know I have been through the mill and have felt totally safe telling the OFF my problems and they have supported me with kind words and a few laughs.

Good luck Azz we are all proud of you and the remarkable job that you have done to make this Forum a world wide success.
Aww bless you Cate

This place is great because we have so many lovely members like you here so thank YOU all for being part of this site and helping make it the lovely little (ok not so little now!) site it is
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 01:13 PM

Thank you for your lovely reply, I just realised as I had my hands in the washing up, (I get my best thoughts while washing up) I didn't mention your lovely mediators who help you I can only remember Mags although I know there is a lovely man who helps you too would it be Plantman? It is because of the non abrasive way that trolls, argumentative folk and people who are just not our 'type' get a gentle shove and either stay because they appreciate the friendship or clear off to annoy someone else.

Over the years I have seen many people come and go but their going has never intruded into all the threads like, 'gossip in a fish shop' you all do a splendid job.

Page 16 of 26 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top