Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
TedHutchinson
Louth UK
TedHutchinson is male  TedHutchinson has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 08:40 PM

Re: Negative aspects of breast screening

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
You are not just placing facts in the public domain, you are insisting that the alternatives you propose are right. In my opinion your alternatives are not to be trusted.
But your opinion is NOT based on any scientific evidence and is therefore worthless.

You are not in any way a medical professional, so you are NOT qualified to dole out advice about breast cancer screening or surgery.
Which is why I always provide links to the evidence based sources that I rely on. If you can't be bothered to follow the links I've provided then you won't understand the quality of the evidence provided.

And if that makes me nasty and mean minded, so be it.
Sure does.

Wether or not you profit by your heavy handed sales tactics is simply by the by.
By the way has any one from here bought your products?
I appreciate it's a bit hard for simple people to work out but as I always only pass on Vitamin D AT THE SAME PRICE I pay for it 1) I never intend to make a profit and
2) No profit is possible if the sale price = the cost price.

Now what do you find difficult to understand there.

Now let me see, would that come under "Medical confidentiality"
The difference between us is that I'm proud of the quality of information I provide so I put my real name to it.

When you have the same confidence in the quality of information you provide I'm sure you'll be sufficiently proud to attach your real name to your posts.
TedHutchinson
Louth UK
TedHutchinson is male  TedHutchinson has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 09:02 PM

Would you like to explain under what circumstances you were banned from "Diabetes Daily". Preferably without links to more vitamin promotion.
Back in 1909 they first linked [URL=http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2124710/]Diabetes to INFLMMATION[/QUOTE] and now 100 or more years later they are still reporting the link between Diabetes and Inflammation as NEWS

What is happening at the moment is that there is no connection between research and practice.
They go on researching the same things over and over and no one ever puts the findings of the research into practice.

Particularly when the solution is CHEAP and READILY AVAILABLE and TOTALLY SAFE in amounts the human body NATURALLY creates itself.

When you know How Vitamin D Inhibits Inflammation and also The natural levels of Vitamin D human DNA evolved to function best with how can you keep quite when people are not applying this information?

It beats me how any honourable person can stand aside and not comment when others are becoming ill with serious conditions like Diabetes simply because they are deficient in one of the cheapest most readily available supplements?

When you understand how magnesium is a cofactor that enables Vitamin D to switch from the storage to active hormonal form it shouldn't take a genius to work out that there will be a significant inverse association between magnesium intake and risk of type 2 diabetes

Do you think this is the kind of information DIABETICS need in order to control the progression of their condition?

Do you think that forums devoted to helping diabetes would welcome this kind of information?

Of course not.
It's about at sensible as trying to tell people over 50 that if they want to live longer and retain their cognitive function they should invest £10 in a pot of 5000iu/vitamin D3.
TedHutchinson
Louth UK

08-11-2012, 09:30 PM

You also say that, in your opinion women should not have a mammogram unless they suspect there is something wrong. In some cases that would be far too late.
What is your evidence for that statement.
You need to be able to show that aggressive Breast Cancers respond well to early diagnosis and treatment and that the rate of overdiagnosis

You are going against everything that the medical profession are trying to promote. Early diagnosis saves lives.
That's why it's important people actually are told the truth. That is indeed what they say. It's a pity the facts don't support that claim.
50 year old woman attending a screening has a 5.5% probability of being accurately informed she has breast cancer. If she doesn't attend a screening she has a 1 in 1000 chance (0.1%) of being diagnosed with breast cancer in the next year.
If these are accurate then not attending a screening appears a no brainer - or am I missing something?

Do you feel the same about cervical smear tests?
I've not researched that issue.
The big difference is that the more mammography screening you have the greater the radiation load and when combined with other unavoidable sources of radiation exposure the greater the risk. So more mammography more Breast cancer.
I'd bet that Cervical smears, although perhaps not fun, are not in themselves harmful. With Mammography the crucial aspect is the ability of the radiographer to interpret accurately the image and as the evidence shows that to be something of a toss up 50<>50 it's a bit of a gamble.

I wouldn't expect there to be any link between an increase in the number of smears and an increase in the risk of cervical cancer.
It's more likely that the more smears a woman had the more likely a cancer would be detected and treated so survival would be improved.
TedHutchinson
Louth UK

08-11-2012, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Please don't try to tell me or anyone else that early detection is not or no longer a priority - that is simply not true and it is dangerous to say that.
Then prove it if you can.

I think that is a ridiculous thing to say - I don't believe any health charity/organisation or health professional has a vested interest in promoting diabetes.
Then why if we all know that refined carbohydrate consumption results in hyperglyceamia (raised blood glucose) and that the consumption of Carbohydrates are promoted by Diabetes UK

Of course they know what they are doing when then tell people to eat those foods that promote the disease.

Again a lot of work goes into education to help prevent people becoming diabetic, so what you are saying is nonsense.
The only person talking nonsense is you.
If diabetes UK are on the right track we would expect to see lower diabetes incidence year on year.
Since 1996 the number of people diagnosed with diabetes has increased from 1.4
million to 2.9 million. By 2025 it is estimated that five million people will have diabetes.

They really are doing extraordinarily well at increasing diabetes incidence aren't they. No sane person could possibly imagine they were trying to prevent incidence could they?

Do you really think that organisations would deliberately choose not to advocate the use of vitamins or anything else which could significantly help a patient's condition improve if there was officially proven and accepted reasons for doing so. You yourself use the words VITAMIN THERAPY MAY HELP.
BUT we can all use our common sense can't we?
In order for Vitamin D to function as human DNA evolved we have to correct not only Vit d levels but also magnesium, omega 3 and melatonin as well as ensuring the trial participants stick to an anti inflammatory lifestyle and diet. There are simply too many variables for the type of placebo controlled double blind trials health professionals prefer to be feasible.

None of these organisations want people to live with conditions like diabetes. They cost a tremendous amount of tax payer's money.
Yep lots of dosh for the Drug companies and healthprofessionals and the charities that support the diabetes industry. That's why it's a never ending spiral year on year. More cases more money more jobs.

Also I don't believe health motivated charities are in the business of making money out of other people's illness or misfortune.
Perhaps one day you'll understand how things are in real life.

You will not persuade me otherwise.
I'm sure that's true but it won't be from want of trying on my part.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 07:24 PM

Looking from my logical point of view as thats what I believe I am
a very old but logical person.
Why do you have to write a book about Vit D on here Ted when
the story line was Mammograms. To me its like writing lines in the
Bible about Communism.
Why do you think anyone on here wants to even buy Vit d or anything
from you now as most of us feel better if we slit our wrists now
than entertain you in anyway.
Why do you insist on going on for page after page defending the small
interest you have in any other peoples feelings or thoughts when yours
are so magnificent and better than anyone elses.
A god like figure like yourself should not have anything to do with
mere intelligent females like we are, end of story in my mind.
Or as the great Yorkshire saying goes "theres nowt so queer as folk"
or in this case Ted.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 08:27 AM

Ted I've already told you once, - 'urinate elsewhere'!!!!

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top