Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 09:28 PM

Re: Christmas markets..

Thanks Mesco I'll have a go at that.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2012, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Bags are packed and we're heading off to Germany for a week.
Going to Mainz / Wiesbaden / Rudesheim for a break and a look at the markets. We usually go to Hamburg which has a great market and isn't too touristy so this will be a change.
It's winter. I can understand visiting India or Thailand in winter but Germany?
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It's winter. I can understand visiting India or Thailand in winter but Germany?
Bruce you really are a miserable old so and so it's Christmas Santa came round last night in his sleigh playing and singing all Christmas songs. I'm going to have the best Christmas I've had for a few years
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Here today our German, Norwegian and Swedish neighbours have all put up their Christmas lights, 1st December tradition so they tell me.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2012, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Here today our German, Norwegian and Swedish neighbours have all put up their Christmas lights, 1st December tradition so they tell me.
Me too

hazel
Lancashire U.K.

01-12-2012, 11:19 PM

love it
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

02-12-2012, 12:57 AM

I like this song too, it's not my movie and my youngest son really goes crook about the reference to a rusty Holden ute (he has a Holden ute and it is definitely not rusty).

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 08:37 AM

Was over in Belfast a couple of weeks ago - they have a Xmas market in front of their City Hall. It was fabulous!!! - the smell of various cooking food permeated the air all round the square. Truly delightful!!!
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 12:35 PM

I like the Birmingham Christmas market. Haven't been there for a few years, though.

I'd like to see the Medieval Christmas market at the Bishop's Palace, Lincoln. I raised the invoices for the stall holders, so I know the type of products will be sold there.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by LovelyMeerkat ->
I like the Birmingham Christmas market. Haven't been there for a few years, though.

I'd like to see the Medieval Christmas market at the Bishop's Palace, Lincoln. I raised the invoices for the stall holders, so I know the type of products will be sold there.
Helen darlin' sometime around this time of year (not sure exactly when) Nottingham hold a 'goose fair'. That too might be worth a look in.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top