Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Yorkshireman100
west yorkshire
Yorkshireman100 is male  Yorkshireman100 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2013, 04:48 PM

Looking for a package holiday?

I have today booked two holidays for 2013 I have lately gone back to full packages as opposed to the diy booking.

I have booked with Jet2 I found on my two holidays ie same hotel and board, resort, and good flights with 22kg luggage compared to the usual companies a savings around £200, plus holidays booked within the next couple of weeks get a further discount of £100.

Go to the Jet2.com website then click on package holidays.

I have no connection with the company I am just a satisfied customer of several years.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2013, 05:38 PM

Re: Looking for a package holiday?

For some years now I have been booking DIY holidays but I'm not sure that it's always cheaper than a package. The main thing about it is that you get exactly what you want.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2013, 06:02 PM

I've looked at Jet2, but they don't fly from my local airport and they don't fly to anywhere I want to go!

We either holiday in our motorhome, or book our own flights, hotels etc....
I agree with Alan - it's about getting what you want - even if you have to pay a little extra.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2013, 07:28 PM

Jet2 appear to operate from northern airports so they are no good for me
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2013, 08:56 PM

We usually book via Thomson, Thomas Cook, Kuoni, Hayes & Jarvis and dare I say it 'Saga'.

It looks like Jet2 does not operate near the London area and we fly out from Gatwick or Heathrow.

We like all inclusive or half board and in some places where we have booked just breakfast - eating out was a bit of a nightmare.

It is of course a personal choice.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 07:53 AM

We're just the opposite Michael, eating out in the evening is part of the fun of a holiday. OK, it does not always work out well but if you hit on a poor restaurant you don't go there again whereas if you've paid for half-board you're stuck with your hotel whatever it's like, unless of course you choose to pay again to eat out.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Yorkshireman100 ->
I have lately gone back to full packages as opposed to the diy booking.
You would have to pay me to go on one those 'package' holidays. For the past three years and forever in future I shall be in the motorhome, it's what I call the perfect holiday as I get to eat exactly what I want (Not what's on the menu) I can wear what I like (Not have to get dressed and go down to the dining room) and best of all I don't have to listen to people on the next table bragging about all their wonderful offspring, important jobs, almost famous people they know, etc, etc,
Yorkshireman100
west yorkshire
Yorkshireman100 is male  Yorkshireman100 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Jet2 appear to operate from northern airports so they are no good for me
Yes you are quite correct I had not noticed that East Midlands airport was the most southerly point of departure that Jet2 operate from.

Its nice though in one way dare I say to have something so very good " up north " that those " down south " have not.

It makes a pleasant change.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Yorkshireman100 ->
Yes you are quite correct I had not noticed that East Midlands airport was the most southerly point of departure that Jet2 operate from.

Its nice though in one way dare I say to have something so very good " up north " that those " down south " have not.

It makes a pleasant change.
Oh I definitely agree with you, north and south are equal in my eyes!
Yorkshireman100
west yorkshire

17-02-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
For some years now I have been booking DIY holidays but I'm not sure that it's always cheaper than a package. The main thing about it is that you get exactly what you want.
I have many times booked this way when I have found it cost effective, however the two bookings I have just made could not be found cheaper even on a diy booking.

Another point worth bearing in mind is on a full package come what may the tour company has to look after you, I found myself in Spain during the ash cloud problem and as I was on a package all was well for me and my wife, only being taken to the airport when the flight could operate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top