Join for free
Page 5 of 29 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 01:22 PM

Re: How to post pics

Why is it that to post photos you have to use 'copy image address' rather than manually copy and paste the image address? As far as I can see it puts the same thing in the image address box but the photo is only displayed in the post if 'copy image address' has been used?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 09:13 PM

And what's the best way to get better quality photos in a post? The ones I have posted have been vastly inferior to the originals.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
And what's the best way to get better quality photos in a post? The ones I have posted have been vastly inferior to the originals.
Ania the quality of your photographs looks very good to me.
I am not a photographer but I have found when photographs are copied from PC to a host or website they can lose some of their quality.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 10:18 PM

I don't use a host or other website, it's simple enough to post an image in the forum
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

05-05-2015, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ania the quality of your photographs looks very good to me.
I am not a photographer but I have found when photographs are copied from PC to a host or website they can lose some of their quality.
Thanks Meg but they lose a lot of their sharpness and I think it is because I don't resize them the best way. I don't go via another website, just post into my profile here. I do expect them to lose some quality on the transfer, but they seem to me to be worse than expected. No matter, really.

Can you explain what I asked in the previous post?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Thanks Meg but they lose a lot of their sharpness and I think it is because I don't resize them the best way. I don't go via another website, just post into my profile here. I do expect them to lose some quality on the transfer, but they seem to me to be worse than expected. No matter, really.

Can you explain what I asked in the previous post?
Why is it that to post photos you have to use 'copy image address' rather than manually copy and paste the image address? As far as I can see it puts the same thing in the image address box but the photo is only displayed in the post if 'copy image address' has been used?
Hi Ania sorry I can't explain that Azz will be able to. I guess it is to do with how the site software is set up but I could be wrong ...
Woolie
Alberta Canada
Woolie is female 

12-05-2015, 12:06 AM

I can't seem to get my photo from my album to a post. Every time I click on the icon it crashes and boots me out of the web page. I'm using an iPad...is that the problem?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

14-05-2015, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Woolie ->
I can't seem to get my photo from my album to a post. Every time I click on the icon it crashes and boots me out of the web page. I'm using an iPad...is that the problem?
Hi Woolie sorry I missed this post, if you read through this thread there are a number of posts explaining how to do it.
Here is one of them...

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...463#post386463
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 10:43 PM

Just testing
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 09:49 PM

Is Photobucket or Flickr the only way I can post photos from my computer onto a topic on the forum?

Page 5 of 29 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top