Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 02:34 PM

Re: Drugs

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
As I've pointed out before, and Pats has echoed, there are doctors and there are doctors.

You appear to have a doctor you can actually trust, implicitly.

I do not feel the same way regarding my doctor, nor the practise.
Yes, I suppose I do tar them all with the same brush but on my own personal experience, does that make me wrong?

There was a doctor called Harold Shipman who was a widely-respected practitioner - need I say more? stevmk2
Blimey yes and oddly I have read some of his patients and children of the people he killed still think he was an excellent doctor trying to help them
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Blimey yes and oddly I have read some of his patients and children of the people he killed still think he was an excellent doctor trying to help them
My long-departed maternal grandmother always said "Always follow your own instincts" Julie.

As I've grown older I've realised that there was far, far more to her than I realised.

I feel she watches over me, daft though that may sound to some.

I have 'gifts' - and so did she. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 02:42 PM

Doesn't sound daft to me I always hear my conscience speaking to me in my grandmothers voice, she had an opinion on everything when she was alive so dead she is still talking to me I am sure.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 03:16 PM

Doesn't sound daft to me I always hear my conscience speaking to me in my grandmothers voice, she had an opinion on everything when she was alive so dead she is still talking to me I am sure.
My granny spoke in French - a lot Julie!

I learned French for work for over 5 years so now, I 'hear' the English translation most of the time but quite often I do hear the French only and there's no need for me to translate it to English - it just happens!

"Tu es très importante pour moi" comes into my mind from her more often than not.......bit weird that..... stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

20-04-2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
My granny spoke in French - a lot Julie!

I learned French for work for over 5 years so now, I 'hear' the English translation most of the time but quite often I do hear the French only and there's no need for me to translate it to English - it just happens!

"Tu es très importante pour moi" comes into my mind from her more often than not.......bit weird that..... stevmk2
If I have translated that correctly it's lovely - mine tends to be a voice saying what the hell are you doing now Julie
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 04:09 PM

Ex pharmacy technician (dispenser) I once told a patient we'd run out of her tablets for Parkinson's, she was totally surprised as she didn't have Parkinson's or anything else it was prescribed for! I won't take anything unless absolutely necessary & I've checked it out myself.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Ivan Illich was a philosopher and wrote that in 1974.
Life expectancy has increased by over ten years since he wrote that as well.

Thanks to drugs.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 05:17 PM

If I have translated that correctly it's lovely - mine tends to be a voice saying what the hell are you doing now Julie
Funny ..... I hear that voice too - what the hell are you doing now Patsy ! .......
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 07:55 PM

Life expectancy increase has nothing to do with drugs!! Life expectancy increases with good quality housing, smaller family sizes, education, hygiene and nutrition.

Your faith in the drug industry whilst touching, is sadly very misguided.

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Life expectancy has increased by over ten years since he wrote that as well.

Thanks to drugs.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
Life expectancy increase has nothing to do with drugs!! Life expectancy increases with good quality housing, smaller family sizes, education, hygiene and nutrition.
Of course modern medicine is a factor in life expectancy.

Think of the vaccination programme for our children, i.e diptheria, polio, meningitis, whooping cough, MMMR for instance, and the advances in treatments for conditions that people not so long ago would have died from i.e diabetes and also some cancers....etc etc....
....I could go on....

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top