Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 10:37 PM

Re: Ebola in Scotland

Originally Posted by Pats ->
What makes you so certain that this healthcare worker is not 'one of their own' ?
If she was one of their own she would be treated out there with the rest
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 10:37 PM

The person may not have shown any sign of the disease before boarding the plane. They will have used a specially adapted ambulance, not a "public" one.
They showed on TV news how the staff here are trained to deal with this situation. People turn up in A&E drunk, should they be treated before someone who has been helping others, no matter where? People catch diseases on holiday, through all sorts of self induced practices, where are you going to draw the line?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 10:39 PM

Those on holiday don't go to places that have an epidemic spreading like wild fire, and that is the difference and where you drawn the line
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Eliza
Thank you but I also don't believe in prayers. Lets put it this way.

There are umpteen religions in the world and each believe theirs is the correct one, hence throughout history most wars are over religion.

Prayers may well suit those who believe it helps and I have no quarrel with that, its when it is pushed onto others that I object to

Anyway I have as much right as anyone else on here to say what I think, even if others don't agree
Yes of course you have every right. ,just as we have every right to disagree with the post .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 10:45 PM

They may not know of an epidemic whilst there, what then?
Perhaps people who return from working with ebola should go into quarantine for a few weeks, before or after leaving, I thought they were, but then, they wouldn't be working anywhere!
It's very unlikely they exchanged bodily fluids with anyone on the plane or at the airport so don't get so worried, you'll make yourself ill.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 10:47 PM

If she was one of their own she would be treated out there with the rest
The patient is a healthcare worker......how do you know she wasn't one of the volunteers that left the UK to help?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

29-12-2014, 10:56 PM

If she is a volunteer then she knew the risk not only to herself but to everyone else if she came back to the UK with the possibility of being infected.

Unfortuntely there are too many "do gooders" rushing around like headless chickens without any prior thought. That is why this country is in the mess it is in now.

It is strange that when someone like me stands up and says enough is enough, people are all to ready to try and shout them down.

It is a collective phenomenon, like sheep, they flock together for protection, as they are afraid to stand out and be counted as an individual.

If someone needs help then yes I would if possible and reason that goes without saying. Without a word of a lie I did save a neighbours life (Tom Kennett) some time ago when he sliced off most of his hand but slipping on a ladder and putting his fist through the glass.
Had I taken 5 minutes longer to get him into emergency at the local hospital , according to the Drs, he would have died. he was opperated on for 8 hours stitching the wrist and everything back together.

So i am not the heartless sod you may think I am but I do have principles that i stick to
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 11:13 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-30628349

Why do these so called do gooders come back to the UK with something like this putting everyone here at risk.

They should stay out there for the rest of their lives, its their choice to go over there anyway. it really makes me want to spit blood, our training and expertise wasted on countries that can't even be bothered to help themselves .
Those in power ride around in expensive cars living the high life instead of hand the money to educate their own medical staff
We have a tremendous shortage of doctors here in the Uk and that is where they should be, looking after or own sick and injured.
Now we are all at sever risk via passangers returning on the same flight.

Sorry but this type of occurance gets right up my nose. Why was this and every other person working out there not given 6 months quarrantine the same as we used to have for dogs before they even consider returning to the UK.

It makes me so mad. Then to cap it all they are going to bring here to London to help spread this infection even more so more people are put at risk

What is up with these so called experts? don't they have a brain? the patient should be put on a remote island and treated there with everyone on board with her as well
Sorry, but your ignorance of this disease disgusts me. This was a health worker who risked her own health to help those suffering from Ebola. She took appropriate action when she developed a fever on her return, action which ensured that she did not expose others to it but ensured she was put straight into isolation. She is virtually no risk to anyone. Less hysteria would be a good thing.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 11:14 PM

Unfortuntely there are too many "do gooders" rushing around like headless chickens without any prior thought.
That is your perception, but that is not actuality.
Pats
Lincolnshire

29-12-2014, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Sorry, but your ignorance of this disease disgusts me. This was a health worker who risked her own health to help those suffering from Ebola. She took appropriate action when she developed a fever on her return, action which ensured that she did not expose others to it but ensured she was put straight into isolation. She is virtually no risk to anyone. Less hysteria would be a good thing.
Absolutely.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top