Join for free
Page 21 of 23 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 02:20 PM

Re: Farage Says It Like It Is

I started work at 16 in the advertising industry and it was barely a few days before the 'union' hunted me down to join them or blacklist the company. I have had no time for unions ever since.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 03:25 PM

Thatcher the woman who destroyed Britain, we are still paying for her mistakes today. You cant blame the vegetables the Megalomanic would not let them speak.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Thatcher the woman who destroyed Britain, we are still paying for her mistakes today. You cant blame the vegetables the Megalomanic would not let them speak.
Some would say we are still reaping the benefits, surely we all remember the winter of our discontent when even the dead weren't getting buried? That's where the unions took us.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Some would say we are still reaping the benefits, surely we all remember the winter of our discontent when even the dead weren't getting buried? That's where the unions took us.
Just to point out to the lefties and Thatcher Haters.

That was before she was elected.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Just to point out to the lefties and Thatcher Haters.

That was before she was elected.

As ever - WRONG AGAIN!!!

The wicked witch was a member of Heath's Government as Minister of Education - remember Thatcher the milk snatcher???
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 04:56 PM

Don't worry Galty ... I knew what you meant and didn't put my own nasty spin on it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
As ever - WRONG AGAIN!!!

The wicked witch was a member of Heath's Government as Minister of Education - remember Thatcher the milk snatcher???
Sorry my mistake should have said BEFORE SHE WAS PM.

But seem to remember that the Winter of discontent was under a Labour Government elected after Heath my main point

Unless you are putting forward the theory all are troubles today is because she stop free milk.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

01-07-2016, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Don't worry Galty ... I knew what you meant and didn't put my own nasty spin on it.
Thank you.

With him you have to cross your I,s and dot your T,s

Bad mistake by my me...but does show how people twist things.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Sorry my mistake should have said BEFORE SHE WAS PM.

But seem to remember that the Winter of discontent was under a Labour Government elected after Heath my main point

Unless you are putting forward the theory all are troubles today is because she stop free milk.

I was present at the TUC Conference here in Brighton in 1978 which was addressed by Callaghan. He wanted a limit of 5% on pay rises. The Union leaders (Jack Jones, Hugh Scanlon, Clive Jenkins, Alan Fisher, Sid Weighall, Ray Bucton) all told him that they could not hold the line at 5% but would be able to hold at 8%. Callaghan refused to believe them and tried to impose the 5% limit. We alll know what happened - the winter of discontent.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The problem with the Unions is that they were fighting old battles, the us and them mentality.
Yes, the 'British disease'.

Of course, it seems that the Frogs do that more than we do these days.

Page 21 of 23 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top