Join for free
Page 55 of 65 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:42 AM

Re: Explosion at Manchester Arena

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The most effort ? When people move into our flats I pop round with a homemade cake or biccies just be friendly isn't making a huge effort.

As for where I'd live likely away from people I've had enough of flats I want solitude so it wouldn't be among the Brits on the coast.
We are talking about communities...not neighbours in a block of flats.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by tpin ->
julie....if you moved to spain(for example), would the onus be on you to make friends and learn the language or the locals to go out of their way to welcome you?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:43 AM

I'd learn the language but I'd expect the locals to be welcoming and not look at me with hate, not speak as many do on this forum as if I was less than human.
I agree with you. It is really scary how the atrocity of last week, has brought to the surface underlying racism in such a graphic way!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I agree with you. It is really scary how the atrocity of last week, has brought to the surface underlying racism in such a graphic way!
No one listened to our concerns over Europe. No one is listening to our concerns over immigration.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:46 AM

And you think that is an unusual reaction to the slaughter of innocent people?

It may not be right but it's understandable.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
We are talking about communities...not neighbours in a block of flats.
Communities are made up of neighbours, of single people and families. Each good neighbour contributes toward a decent and peaceful community.

If we all did our bit and stopped allowing people to speak so hatefully on both sides we could all live together.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No one listened to our concerns over Europe. No one is listening to our concerns over immigration.
Even if people have a point about that, which I don't think they do, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for racism, which is EVIL!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2017, 11:52 AM

Communities are made up of neighbours, of single people and families. Each good neighbour contributes toward a decent and peaceful community.

If we all did our bit and stopped allowing people to speak so hatefully on both sides we could all live together.
I am so fortunate to live in a neighbourhood where we have very good neighbours, as of course we try to be too.

I thought racism was illegal, the police need to crack down on racist bigots, who are only adding fuel to ISIS flames!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2017, 11:54 AM

That would NOT stop the murder of innocent people.

What did you do to stop the rantings of Abhu Hamza and his ilk?

What did anyone do?

Those that dared(non-Muslim) speak out against him were accused of being Anti-Islam, Islamaphobic and racist.

Disgusting.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:54 AM

Even if people have a point about that, which I don't think they do, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for racism, which is EVIL!
Racism is no more evil than bullying a fat kid or abusing animals. Do you agree that the terrorists are racists?

Page 55 of 65 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top