Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 04:26 PM

Re: Gout! Again....

Bob how would you like us to come and take it in turns to rub that poor toe for you?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Gosh .. I was about to say the exact same thing.

It must be driving you nuts Foxy. Hope you get some relief soon ... I too was told by a gout sufferer that cherries were a good preventative, whether you eat them fresh, tinned, frozen or opt for drinking the juice.
He swore by it for reducing or minimizing his attacks.
Thanks Morty, and it is driving me mad..... It seems to get worse at night....
Me whole foot has swelled up now.....I'll try to get to see my Doctor tomorrow....Some hope....
I've put cherries on my shopping list thanks Morty....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
oh foxy you poor bugger, that looks so, so painful. Im sorry I dont have a cure of my own but hopefully some suggestions here will help. Let is know what doc says. In the meantime the only way for me to help is by sending a great big safe and virtual
Thanks Lion Queen, I feel better already....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-02-2021, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
So sorry to hear this, Foxie. However, it reminded me of Mrs. Bouquet and Richard episode I saw recently.
Richard had a fungus, athlete's foot, but Mrs. B thought it too common, so she told everyone he had the gout!! Thoughts folks would take kindlier to his agony if he shared the "disease of kings".
Doesn't remove the pain, but hope it makes you smile.

BTW, now I've seen both of your feet nekkid, I feel a closer bond to you.
Thanks Right Now it did make me smile, and I'm sorry if the sight of my naked feet has put you off your lunch....But it's good to see more of each other in these testing times.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-02-2021, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Bob how would you like us to come and take it in turns to rub that poor toe for you?
Mags......Just thinking about that has taken all my pain away.... I'm free Mondays and Thursdays....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 08:59 PM

Ask your Doctor for colchicine tablets they are great for gout.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 09:14 PM

Gosh Foxy, that looks SO painful

I don't know anything about gout except I knew a chap who had it, who said it was agony sometimes - and he was a couch potato type, so apart from the pain you feel, it must be agonising for you not to be out running.
I can almost feel your 'trappedness' being unable to do your runs.

Interesting to read simple cherries can help gout. Let's hope it works for you - not to mention whatever suitable medication to send it on it's way. Anything is worth taking if it helps you get up and running free again isn't it?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-02-2021, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Ask your Doctor for colchicine tablets they are great for gout.
Thanks Roxy, I'm going to try and see my doctor tomorrow and hope that she will prescribe me Colchicine, I hope it works, and quick.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-02-2021, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Gosh Foxy, that looks SO painful

I don't know anything about gout except I knew a chap who had it, who said it was agony sometimes - and he was a couch potato type, so apart from the pain you feel, it must be agonising for you not to be out running.
I can almost feel your 'trappedness' being unable to do your runs.

Interesting to read simple cherries can help gout. Let's hope it works for you - not to mention whatever suitable medication to send it on it's way. Anything is worth taking if it helps you get up and running free again isn't it?
Thanks Pesta, I hope I can get some sleep tonight, it seems to be worse at night for some reason....I hope I can get some Colchicine tomorrow as recommended by Roxy, it's only obtained by prescription though I think, so I need a doctor.....That's half a day on the phone for a start....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Ouch!

Your pictures made me think of Henry the Eighth!

All those wives kept him on his toes (Too Much?)

Try to avoid the Missionary position!

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top