Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 09:02 AM

Re: Gunge tank fodder!

I think I'm starting to understand the thread now that I know what a gunge tank is....sorry to say that I hadn't got a clue...

However, as Jeremy Clarkson et al on Top Gear are, without doubt, the most puerile, immature, infuriating set of stupid people ever seen on television and that caravanners are, without doubt, some of the nicest people you should ever want to meet, I would certainly go with the former....
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
However, as Jeremy Clarkson et al on Top Gear are, without doubt, the most puerile, immature, infuriating set of stupid people ever seen on television and that caravanners are, without doubt, some of the nicest people you should ever want to meet, I would certainly go with the former....
I have no issue with caravanners having had no contact with them, but I like the trio of Clarkson, Hammond and May. Certainly Mr. Clarkson can be an insufferable boob at times but that's just part of the show's appeal. It's a car show for people who like cars and while you may find it "puerile, immature and infuriating" some of us really enjoy Top Gear.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Hu99 ->
I have no issue with caravanners having had no contact with them, but I like the trio of Clarkson, Hammond and May. Certainly Mr. Clarkson can be an insufferable boob at times but that's just part of the show's appeal. It's a car show for people who like cars and while you may find it "puerile, immature and infuriating" some of us really enjoy Top Gear.
To each his own Lloyd, but I disagree that it's a car show for people who like cars, it is merely schoolchildren being totally indulged in a type of pre-pubescent slapstick "humour" which I, personally, find tedious and irritating in the extreme...
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 01:13 PM

350 million people in over 90 countries don't find it tedious and irritating in the least. And I'm one of them
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

19-04-2012, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
350 million people in over 90 countries don't find it tedious and irritating in the least. And I'm one of them
As I said Chippy, to each his own.... I've never baulked at disagreeing with 350 million people in over 90 countries, but I've no idea how the novelty continues for an hour, week after week, of watching smoke coming from the tyres of a car that 99.99% of folks will never be able to afford, being driven by a hysterical nincompoop..

Beats me.....
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 04:00 PM

It's been going on for 35 years now. 1977 was the first program, hosted by Noel Edmunds If I remember rightly

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top