Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2012, 08:03 AM

Re: Beggars.

I would not even give the tim e of day to a beggar in this country, especially not one from the influx of immigrants They should be rounded up and exported back to where they belong.

Same with the "Windscreen Washers" at traffic lights - not a sous.

Our police should be proactive in ridding our streets of this growing number of begging scum.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2012, 08:17 AM

Excuse me Dieter, But aren't you an immigrant too???
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Excuse me Dieter, But aren't you an immigrant too???
On this occasion I will answer you, but after the disgusting remarks that you previously made directed at me and the follow on snide bits this reply is the exception to the rule.

No, I am NOT an immigrant.

My father was German who remained in GB after the end of WW2.

He was a very brave Luftwaffe pilot who was shot down albeit only after a number of successful missions over Britain including two over what I believe is your home town Brighton.

He met my mother, a British woman who was in the Land Army while he was engaged in farm work as a slave labourer under the British illegal use of POW's.

So no, I am not an immigrant. I am at most a (proud) Anglo German.

Proud of my heritage on both sides,

Especially of my “Old Man” who chose to remain in GB not only to be a father to me but also to help in restoring to normality the country that he took a part in damaging.

Unlike the many who were prevented from returning to their families and instead were used as slave labour by Britain (fact) my dad chose to stay even after he had the chance to return to his homeland. In part because my parental grandparents had been killed in one of the war-crime bombing raids and in part because he wanted to help repair a broken nation – Britain – as he felt he had played a role in breaking it.

I wonder if many Brits realiser that in 1946 a fifth of all agricultural work in the UK was performed by German prisoner-slaves, and by the next year that number had rissen to a quarter as POW's were shipped to GB to add to the count of German slaves being illegally used by GB.

Many German people who had been held as POW's remained in GB to help return the world to normality after being released from slavery, about 25,000 if I remember what my dad told me. In many cases this was down to how the US was pouring investment into Germany in order to gain access and control of a low cost high grade industrial capability.

There are so very many things surrounding the two World Wars that the bigoted and uninformed fail to know, realise, and much less recognise.

Verstehen Sie?

You'll realise no doubt why I use “Sie” rather than “du”.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Erinaceous ->
I would not even give the tim e of day to a beggar in this country, especially not one from the influx of immigrants They should be rounded up and exported back to where they belong.

Same with the "Windscreen Washers" at traffic lights - not a sous.

Our police should be proactive in ridding our streets of this growing number of begging scum.
You have no need to give to any beggar. I think our police have enough on their hands dealing with the real criminals.

You seem to have very little empathy for your fellow man.
Erinaceous
East Anglia

06-09-2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
You have no need to give to any beggar. I think our police have enough on their hands dealing with the real criminals.

You seem to have very little empathy for your fellow man.
I have a very great deal of empathy for my FELLOW man, but none at all for those who are parasites on the rest of us.

Real criminals are people who break the law. Not certain laws, ANY laws.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2012, 09:58 AM

On this occasion I will answer you, but after the disgusting remarks that you previously made directed at me and the follow on snide bits this reply is the exception to the rule.

No, I am NOT an immigrant.

My father was German who remained in GB after the end of WW2.

He was a very brave Luftwaffe pilot who was shot down albeit only after a number of successful missions over Britain including two over what I believe is your home town Brighton.

He met my mother, a British woman who was in the Land Army while he was engaged in farm work as a slave labourer under the British illegal use of POW's.

So no, I am not an immigrant. I am at most a (proud) Anglo German.

Proud of my heritage on both sides,

Especially of my “Old Man” who chose to remain in GB not only to be a father to me but also to help in restoring to normality the country that he took a part in damaging.

Unlike the many who were prevented from returning to their families and instead were used as slave labour by Britain (fact) my dad chose to stay even after he had the chance to return to his homeland. In part because my parental grandparents had been killed in one of the war-crime bombing raids and in part because he wanted to help repair a broken nation – Britain – as he felt he had played a role in breaking it.

I wonder if many Brits realiser that in 1946 a fifth of all agricultural work in the UK was performed by German prisoner-slaves, and by the next year that number had rissen to a quarter as POW's were shipped to GB to add to the count of German slaves being illegally used by GB.

Many German people who had been held as POW's remained in GB to help return the world to normality after being released from slavery, about 25,000 if I remember what my dad told me. In many cases this was down to how the US was pouring investment into Germany in order to gain access and control of a low cost high grade industrial capability.

There are so very many things surrounding the two World Wars that the bigoted and uninformed fail to know, realise, and much less recognise.

Verstehen Sie?

You'll realise no doubt why I use “Sie” rather than “du”.
I do not think there is any just cause for this diatribe.

Many, many can tell stories far worse than this. And I don't think this is the place to open this particular can of worms.
Erinaceous
East Anglia

06-09-2012, 10:12 AM

It was a reply to an individual on this thread.

It is also an attempt to introduce the seemingly overlooked aspect of history being written by the victors.

It's a can of worms opened not by me but by someone else but not one that I am willing to leave open on this thread.

That's the problem with personalising comments such as was done by an individual. It results in the loss of objectivity.
mesco m
manchester

06-09-2012, 10:39 AM

I have a very great deal of empathy for my FELLOW man, but none at all for those who are parasites on the rest of us.

Real criminals are people who break the law. Not certain laws, ANY laws.
So you don't class them as people. As I said no empathy.
You have no idea under what circumstances these people are led to begging.
Erinaceous
East Anglia

06-09-2012, 11:00 AM

I placed the emphasis on “FELLOW” and not on “man”.

That was intentional in order to differentiate between those of us who work to support ourselves or who manage to get by on what the State provides for our support if we can not and those who do not, such I do not consider to be my FELLOW man.

Beggars do neither, however let's not loose sight of the fact that even in “Leafy Norwich” a “beggar” with a good pitch will often clear over £100 a day or more, and all tax free.

Not every day granted, nor every week though most, and certainly over the weekend starting from Friday afternoon to the early hours of Monday morning on Prince of Wales road.

Especially if he has the “rent the dog for a day” attachment to draw the gullible to give even more readily.

I've SEEN the same dog being used by three different people in Norwich city during the week and on several; occasions.

As for the BIG cities, £500 per day is far from uncommon for these parasites.

If the beggars are British then there is no need for them to beg. If they are NOT British then there is no need for them to be in Britain.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2012, 11:02 AM

Erinaceous I don't think your posting was necessary either, I knew a lot of the German prisoners of war when I was a kid, and they liked their lot, fed and watered well, not like the prisoners that the Germans took, who had it rough.
The German prisoners were used during the war because they were good at what they did, making good roads etc.
I don't bear any grudge against the Germans, although they killed my father, but you are making me think differently.

I have nothing more to say on the subject.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top