Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 12:55 AM

Re: shower

I haven't had a bath for about 22 years ..but do have a shower every now and then. We had the bathroom converted into a wet room (best for my wife who is in a wheelchair).

It's quite nice to have the whole room as a shower. I can flap my arms around with no chance of banging the elbows. I still sometimes miss having a soak in a bath though, even after all this time.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I haven't had a bath for about 22 years ..but do have a shower every now and then. We had the bathroom converted into a wet room (best for my wife who is in a wheelchair).

It's quite nice to have the whole room as a shower. I can flap my arms around with no chance of banging the elbows. I still sometimes miss having a soak in a bath though, even after all this time.
Hi Mart. I've had wet rooms in hotel rooms and I agree. They've a sense of freedom to them

I'm a bath lover. Shower in the morning. Bath at night
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=alice76;585804

I'm a bath lover. Shower in the morning. Bath at night [/QUOTE]
Do you live in a care home Alice, bathing twice a day.lol
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->

I'm a bath lover. Shower in the morning. Bath at night

Do you mean for Christmas ?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Do you live in a care home Alice, bathing twice a day.lol
Yes Alan, the secret's out!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

05-01-2015, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Do you mean for Christmas ?
Rachel! I always come across as squeaky clean!
Hermione
United Kingdom
Hermione is female  Hermione has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2015, 11:16 PM

We have a walk in shower we had the bath taken out and a long shower tray put in its place, with a fixed shower screen but no door, you step onto the tray and walk right under the shower. Its so much nicer than a cubicle or over the bath shower, there is so much room and its like having a wet room without the cost.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 06:00 AM

...and don't forget - only dirty people wash.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 12:08 PM

I could never get rid of my bath. There's nothing like soaking in hot water, especially if suffering aches and pains, after a good bout of gardening, or after being out in cold and wet weather, to warm up.

My bathroom is too cold for showering, so at times to save water I just put in a couple of inches, kneel in the bath and splash the soapy water over me. With the fan heater running.

My shower actually tends to run out of hot water quickly because it just runs off the boiler: it doesn't heat up as it comes out. If I spend money on a new bathroom I will change that design.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

22-01-2015, 01:00 PM

Jazzi there's nothing like a nice hot bath with bath bombs in it. So relaxing, especially after a long walk.

I'd love a power shower instead of the wee pauncy one I have. It'll be staying though, as I can't afford such a thing.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top