Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 04:06 PM

Re: Well here's one way to P off the rest of Europe

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I find it ironic that you quote PMQs, is that any less combative than the EU parliament? This is surely exactly what parliaments were designed to do, for elected members to stand there and say what they think. Being nice doesn't always work, after all I seem to recall Cameron went on a three month charm offensive to secure his "renegotiation", and look how that turned out....
Exactly.

I've watched PMQs several times and my reaction on each occasion was that they are like a bunch of disruptive schoolboys. Despite all the traditions, like "my honourable friend" and "the honourable gentleman", I have to say that they don't sound so honourable to me.

In addition, it annoys me that his critics 'forget' that Farage was booed and brayed at by other 'honourable'(!) MEPs before he had even started. I'd have responded in exactly the same way as he did.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I haven't frightened him off have I ?

Azz that is ...
Originally Posted by Barry ->
I find it ironic that you quote PMQs, is that any less combative than the EU parliament? This is surely exactly what parliaments were designed to do, for elected members to stand there and say what they think. Being nice doesn't always work, after all I seem to recall Cameron went on a three month charm offensive to secure his "renegotiation", and look how that turned out....
It doesn't have to be - Corbyn has tried to raise the standard, even giving the PM his questions beforehand! It's a shame others haven't followed the example set by him.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
It doesn't have to be - Corbyn has tried to raise the standard, even giving the PM his questions beforehand! It's a shame others haven't followed the example set by him.
Hi

PMQs is a great British tradition.

It is just televised Punch and Judy.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

PMQs is a great British tradition.

It is just televised Punch and Judy.

Only because Cameron won't answer a straight question put to him.

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top