Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 05:54 PM

Re: DVD recorder hard drive which one ?

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I have gone for Humax PVR9300T 320GB Twin Tuner, PVR which was a 'Which' best buy but has mixed reviews.
It holds 200 hours of recordings. (£149.95 from Amazon )
You should be alright with that one Meg. I think Humax was one of the fore runners with these machines. Reviews can be varied but some reviewers can be critical about their expectations and get a bit too high tech.
The machine we got was fairly expensive but that was 12 months ago when there wasn't much choice for recording in HD format. I would think it's more competitive now. I am sure you will like the benefits of your digital machine.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by rueben ->
You should be alright with that one Meg. I think Humax was one of the fore runners with these machines. Reviews can be varied but some reviewers can be critical about their expectations and get a bit too high tech.
The machine we got was fairly expensive but that was 12 months ago when there wasn't much choice for recording in HD format. I would think it's more competitive now. I am sure you will like the benefits of your digital machine.
Thank you Norma I won't be using it that much so it is pointless spending a lot just for me.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2011, 08:05 AM

Meg, have fun with your new toy but I suggest getting the youngest child you can find to set it up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Meg, have fun with your new toy but I suggest getting the youngest child you can find to set it up.
AB Eleanor and Barnaby (aged 18 months) have already mastered the Ipad and can conjur up mewing kittens and barking dogs at the touch of a finger
They will probably have a bet grasp of it than me
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Anti that model is hard to get hold of now, they only have used ones on Amazon .
Ruben that model is a bit pricey for me .
I have gone for Humax PVR9300T 320GB Twin Tuner, PVR which was a 'Which' best buy but has mixed reviews.
It holds 200 hours of recordings. (£149.95 from Amazon )
I am cross that I have to replace equipment at all just because someone has decided we must all have digital instead of analogue in three weeks time
We've had digital only since march - again no choice but our TV's working fine although the picture tends to go off both sides of the screen a bit - standard Toshiba TV but digital-ready and ten years old now. stevmk2

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top