Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 07:28 AM

Re: What technology has had the most impact on your life?

It has to be the computer which has fasinated me over the last 50yrs. In the early days the computer ran on a punch card system and filled a room (10x8) for a meg of memory.Now, I have a watch with 100 times that memory.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 09:49 AM

The micro chip - It has revolutionized electronic equipment in all areas of daily live.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 11:29 AM

It has to be the computer and iPad, it's opened up a whole new world to me. You have the answer to anything at the tips of your fingers.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 12:22 AM

Just came across this quote:

Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works. Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty- five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it. Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things. - Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 01:39 AM

Oooh, disagree completely with the last part; sure digital cameras and personal computers were after I was 35!!
Johnny
London
Johnny is male  Johnny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 11:30 AM

The computer has been something of a two-edged sword. On a personal level I find it useful for research on the internet. At work, in the civil service, it made life hell because instead of simplifying things as promised, things had to be done twice - paper records had to be maintained as before AND then typed into those computer systems.

The Douglas Adams quote above is good. I must have been born in the dark ages - sometimes it feels rewarding to sidestep technology altogether and just sit on a deserted beach watching the tide at work.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top